Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basal Cell Carcinoma (Skin cancer) potential additional treatment to come.
(12-03-2021, 12:02 AM)Wao nahele kane Wrote: Update:
After today's jaw dropping vet appointment.
Vet says no need for surgery now and sent him home with backup prescription of Mupirocin should it become problematic again.
Vet stoked to see this and excited to begin using the treatment method for other pets as "these are rather tricky" cancers to deal with.

Should it provide similar results for other pets, we'll have a valuable non-invasive tool to battle the issue.

(12-02-2021, 07:10 AM)kimo wires Wrote: OOps. I hadn't entered anything in the field when i hit post too soon so I deleted it.
I have eradicated several BCCs over the years with homemade CO. It would probably work for dogs too.

If you can provide small tissue samples of the affected tissue, with and without treatment to a local lab for efficacy and you get a positive observation. You can move it forward through the chain of the study process. Spendy process though, unless, you turn those results over to a university who's willing to run with it or take a chance with a pharmaceutical Co or a smaller R&D lab.
Don't think I want to go through all of that. I'll tell you what I do know. I went to Dr Shapiro/hilo dermotologist years ago and he cut off half of a BCC and confirmed that was what it was. I was kinda pissed that he wanted me to come back and remove the rest of it because it was very small and I asked him to remove the whole thing. He didn't do that. That's when I decided to give CO a try. It worked. The rest of the spot went away and I have gone on to cure several other spots on my arms and face with it. Aloha KW

(12-05-2021, 09:41 PM)kimo wires Wrote:
(12-03-2021, 12:02 AM)Wao nahele kane Wrote: Update:
After today's jaw dropping vet appointment.
Vet says no need for surgery now and sent him home with backup prescription of Mupirocin should it become problematic again.
Vet stoked to see this and excited to begin using the treatment method for other pets as "these are rather tricky" cancers to deal with.

Should it provide similar results for other pets, we'll have a valuable non-invasive tool to battle the issue.

(12-02-2021, 07:10 AM)kimo wires Wrote: OOps. I hadn't entered anything in the field when i hit post too soon so I deleted it.
I have eradicated several BCCs over the years with homemade CO. It would probably work for dogs too.

If you can provide small tissue samples of the affected tissue, with and without treatment to a local lab for efficacy and you get a positive observation. You can move it forward through the chain of the study process. Spendy process though, unless, you turn those results over to a university who's willing to run with it or take a chance with a pharmaceutical Co or a smaller R&D lab.
Don't think I want to go through all of that. I'll tell you what I do know. I went to Dr Shapiro/hilo dermotologist years ago and he cut off half of a BCC and confirmed that was what it was. I was kinda pissed that he wanted me to come back and remove the rest of it because it was very small and I asked him to remove the whole thing. He didn't do that. That's when I decided to give CO a try. It worked. The rest of the spot went away and I have gone on to cure several other spots on my arms and face with it. Aloha KW
Another thing. You can develop resistance to antibiotics by overuse. Not with CO.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
(12-05-2021, 09:41 PM)kimo wires Wrote: Don't think I want to go through all of that. I'll tell you what I do know. I went to Dr Shapiro/hilo dermotologist years ago and he cut off half of a BCC and confirmed that was what it was. I was kinda pissed that he wanted me to come back and remove the rest of it because it was very small and I asked him to remove the whole thing. He didn't do that. That's when I decided to give CO a try. It worked. The rest of the spot went away and I have gone on to cure several other spots on my arms and face with it. Aloha KW
Another thing. You can develop resistance to antibiotics by overuse. Not with CO.
The acronym CO has me puzzled... Do you mean cancer ointment? What does CO mean?
Aquired resistance is not unique to antibiotics, many treatment regimes experience a disease aquiring resistance to treatment.
@kimo wires: BCCs run in my family, and I have had Mohs surgery for one myself. I asked the Kaiser dermatologist to cut the whole thing out at the first detection of it, and she told me that wasn't the treatment regimen. She said probably wouldn't have gotten it all because those types of neoplasms tend to be diffused below the surface well beyond whatever spot gets our attention. When I went back in three weeks for the Mohs procedure, I was amazed at the hidden geography of the cancer. FWIW, I actually thought she had gotten it all because it healed in a few days and seemed like it was all gone. Not! Dr. Shapiro should have explained this to you, but from what I've read about him in on line reviews, his patient communication skills may be limited.

The only ointment that I am aware of that's actually approved for limited application to BCC is fluorouracil, trade name Efudex. It is only useful for very, very small and early lesions and is much more widely known as a preventative agent for knocking out actinic keratoses, a pre-cancerous skin growth. Fluorouracil finds and destroys skin cells that are growing too fast, leaving raw red patches for weeks. No fun, but better than cancer.

And CO in my world is carbon monoxide. Surely you meant something else?
(12-05-2021, 10:50 PM)Wao nahele kane Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 09:41 PM)kimo wires Wrote: Don't think I want to go through all of that. I'll tell you what I do know. I went to Dr Shapiro/hilo dermotologist years ago and he cut off half of a BCC and confirmed that was what it was. I was kinda pissed that he wanted me to come back and remove the rest of it because it was very small and I asked him to remove the whole thing. He didn't do that. That's when I decided to give CO a try. It worked. The rest of the spot went away and I have gone on to cure several other spots on my arms and face with it. Aloha KW
The acronym CO has me puzzled... Do you mean cancer ointment? What does CO mean?
Aquired resistance is not unique to antibiotics, many treatment regimes experience a disease aquiring resistance to treatment.
Cannabis oil
Cannabis is the cure for everything!*

* If it doesn’t, who cares!
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!