Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work Boots
(04-02-2022, 01:16 AM)achutch3 Wrote: Anywhere locally that sells Red Wing, Wolverine, Timberland or comparable?  Looked around online and can't find any dealers around East Hawaii.

I know I can order online but I'm old school and like to try on shoes.

Thanks.
Dell's Farm Supply has Georgia boots and they're a quality work boot
You're going to need a quality song to sing while you are searching for those quality shoes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzBGbsWZxLg
The perfect song for this thread!
The good Red Wings are worth the 200.00+ that they charge...
They are $300+ now.
(04-04-2022, 09:52 PM)terracore Wrote: They are $300+ now.

At that price I would definitely recommend some Wally World steel toed boots. They last about 6 months of hard construction work. I doubt the Red Wings would go a year and a 1/2 without needing re-soled.
Which model Mr. Terracore ??

Hubbys 6" Moc Toe still going strong with near everyday use ( unless get soaked clearing jungle in the rain : ) for a good 6 years now. Second pair in over 20. The last pair got stolen !! Along with some Sambas.

A good rabbit hole is to Google "navy seal tropical boots " The standard Bates 992 still hangs with tge new styles. I can't say but maybe the surplus store in Hilo might have something like these.

And heerya go on local Redwings. Two locations. I can't speak for what they have in stock.

https://www.hoursofoperations.com/carhar...ilua-kona/
(04-02-2022, 08:50 AM)punikahakaiferret Wrote: Much as I hate Amazon, they do have a 7 day "Try Before You Buy" option. I did that for my most recent work boot purchase, since I have small but wide feet and so have a hard time with fitting.

Luck to you!
Same here.  I had to return the first pair and order the wider size but it couldn’t have been easier.  I am getting most of my shoes from Amazon since it works so well.

(just make sure that you have an Amazon return place near by that will take the drop off for free.)

Ccat
Old-fashioned jungle boots from the surplus store downtown. Available in wide and extra-wide.