Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feel like you are being priced off the island?
http://www.hawaiipropertytax.com/template.asp?page=2003taxrates.htm&mnu=Home&submnu=CurTaxRate

The link above will show you the current tax rates. (Homeowner rate is $5.55 per $1000.)

With aloha,

Cynthia

Cynthia Hoskins, R(S)
Cell: 808 443-6564

Clark Realty Corporation
99 Aupuni St Hilo, HI
Office: 808 961-6015
Cynthia Hoskins, R(S)
Clark Realty Corporation
www.clarkhawaii.com
OK, now I seem my trouble, Since we only have land a this point I've been looking at the wrong rate. Now I feel even better if thats possible without needing a cigarette[Wink]

dick wilson
dick wilson
"Nothing is idiot proof,because idiots are so ingenious!"
quote:
Originally posted by Kapohocat

And HC - your "village" idea !!!! is what I am telling one of my clients doing a subdivision to do. Have a village center so everyone can walk or ride bikes to PICK up there mail, shop, visit with neighbors!

Hey, Kat! Have your client read the last chapters of "The Geography of Nowhere" by James Kunstler on some good ideas of how a community SHOULD be built. He has a lot of really good info on a proper sort of community. One where folks can live AND work in their own community and walk to everywhere they need to go. Also a community where you get to know your neighbors and interact with them.

And as for pig hunting, if you grow a garden pig hunting isn't hard! It is almost necessary sort of gardening procedure sort of like picking caterpillars off your cabbages. You trap and remove the pigs from your garden and they are really tasty when made into sausage. I saw a garden today where all the sweet potatoes - the whole long row of them - had been dug up and eaten by pigs. Considering the price of pork at the grocery, you can not only eat a lot of pig for basically free but you keep them from destroying your garden.

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales." 
Kurt Wilson
quote:
Originally posted by Hotzcatz
And as for pig hunting, if you grow a garden pig hunting isn't hard! It is almost necessary sort of gardening procedure sort of like picking caterpillars off your cabbages. You trap and remove the pigs from your garden and they are really tasty when made into sausage. I saw a garden today where all the sweet potatoes - the whole long row of them - had been dug up and eaten by pigs. Considering the price of pork at the grocery, you can not only eat a lot of pig for basically free but you keep them from destroying your garden.

agreed. but, i'd have to leave it to the experts to do the butchering.

malia paha o lohe aku

perhaps they will hear
"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james