Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DÍA DE LOS MUERTOS
Estoy muy bien,y cómo es usted Samdooby

Mi abuelita talked of Dia de Los Muertos when I was a child and I remembered visitig my other abuelita's grave in Texas spending a good part of the day cleaning, planting and have full scale meal with music, laughter, and dancing.
Un buen dia en el campo de santos.
We did celebrate All Souls day and All Saints day growing up as we were Catholic.
I have celebrated Dia de Los Muertos for about 20 years now. Mostly candles and snacks, beer (for those that drank
while alive) graveside. Since Mi abuelita my past on.
In Oceanside California they had a street fair dedicated to Dia de Los Muertos. It was right after 9/11/2001
They had a contest of display alters. Very elaborate. I loved it. The one for the firemen could make you cry.

As for the name Wyatt that is my partners last name. I like it as a first name. My last name is Valdez

Kapohocat Congrads to you parents and remember those that pasted on will be with if your celebrating...

JerryCarr Good memories. Celebrate it. keep it alive.

Aloha
Wyatt

"Yearn to understand first and to be understood second."
-- Beca Lewis Allen
Oh heck wrong subject. I thought this topic was about a murderous Mexican, named Dia.. ..

Edited by - Jeffhale on 10/16/2007 15:02:27
quote:
My Dad was born in Mexico and my Mom MexAmer from Brownsville Texas area. Us kids were born and raised in So Cal. Gramma ,Grampa and 6 uncles next door. I quess that would make us a Kinda a Mex/American neighborhood in a small
Town named San Jacinto Califonia with a 60% Hispanic population

Wyatt

Edited by - wyatt on 10/14/2007 09:33:32

Edited by - wyatt on 10/14/2007 09:35:00

okay, my last stay at a federal summer camp was outside of Austin Texas. It was called FCI Bastrop. As a matter of fact I was there when the young Tehano star, Selenna was murdered by her fan club manager. 65% of Bastrop was Hispanic! I ate 'beans & rice' perhaps five days a week while there! As a matter of fact I have a single picture around here somewhere. During a birthday party for a "Buggar Eater", pics were taken. Of the thirty odd people in the pic, my friend Sombat & I were the only two who weren't bikers in the pic! On the weekends there I remember "Sabador Gigante" & Simple en Diamingo", spelling probably wrong but you two know what I mean, right? Oh plsu countless Tehano music shows too! So does this qualify me as suedo Hispanic?

Plus, I lived in Puerto Vallharta[Colonio Alta Vista], not far from 'La Playa Los Muertos'. While in PV I worked in productions on cheesey show called "Alcapulco Heat", it starred Catherine Oxenberg. I was hired out of Mexico City, Carabusco Studios. Was gonna work their second and finale season there but I got ...cough,cough, ...arre..cough there instead! I loved the state of Jalisco, they had the prettiest ladies in all of Mexico there!!!!

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!