Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faye Hanohano vs. Fred Blas
Jen-ay, candidates can't control what their supporters do. I have paid a lot of attention to this race, and I honestly don't believe Mr. Blas organized any cross-over voting. What makes you think he did anything dishonest? This is an "open primary" state, which means that everyone gets to vote in whichever party's primary they choose, regardless of previous affiliation or future plans. Them's the rules, and them's the breaks. I, too, supported and voted for Anthony Marzi, and I am now supporting Fred Blas. Take three deep breaths and think about who is best able to represent us in Honolulu. It ain't Faye Hanohano.

Cheers,
Jerry
quote:
Originally posted by Jen-ay

KahunaScott, you and your candidate make me SICK. How completely irresponsible and dishonest of you to try to swing the election! You all voted for Hanohano even though you support Blas, simply because you know he would not stand a chance against Marzi. Tony Marzi was the only hope for Puna; he runs circles around Blas, espesially in terms of intelligence, articulation, and integrity. Well, I'll be telling EVERYONE I know about Blas's dirty tactics...to think that this is the man whose platform is based on HONESTY.

WOW…Mr. Blas knew nothing of my voting habits. I did the same thing the last election when he wasn’t even a candidate. You need to hold your accusation to yourself unless you can prove them.
The election laws permit any individual to vote for anyone they want.
So if you tell everyone about MY tactics you need to leave Fred out.
Like my friend Jerry states above take a deep breath we did nothing wrong.

"Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I look for my dreams and a pocket full of gold" Led Zeppelin
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
Jen-ay:

If you will read my post carefully, you will see that I said I wanted to cast a ballot "against" Ms. Hanohano. Although there is a curtain on the voting booth, I will tell you that I voted "for" Anthony Marzi, because I agree with you that he was the best candidate. As I also said in my first post, I know of others who did the same thing. I was trying to point out to Damon that his reading of the numbers was incorrect as indicating that Ms. Hanohano's support was stronger than that for Mr. Blas.

At the same time, our votes are each citizen's primary means of political power. Anyone who did not use his/her vote in that person's opinion of the best way to achieve his/her aims is derelict in the citizen's principal duty.

And, as Jerry Carr said, Mr. Blas new nothing of this "maneuver".
quote:
Originally posted by Kahunascott

quote:
Originally posted by Jen-ay

KahunaScott, you and your candidate make me SICK. How completely irresponsible and dishonest of you to try to swing the election! You all voted for Hanohano even though you support Blas, simply because you know he would not stand a chance against Marzi. Tony Marzi was the only hope for Puna; he runs circles around Blas, espesially in terms of intelligence, articulation, and integrity. Well, I'll be telling EVERYONE I know about Blas's dirty tactics...to think that this is the man whose platform is based on HONESTY.

WOW…Mr. Blas knew nothing of my voting habits. I did the same thing the last election when he wasn’t even a candidate. You need to hold your accusation to yourself unless you can prove them.
The election laws permit any individual to vote for anyone they want.
So if you tell everyone about MY tactics you need to leave Fred out.
Like my friend Jerry states above take a deep breath we did nothing wrong.
"I'll be telling EVERYONE I know about Blas's dirty tactics...to think that this is the man whose platform is based on HONESTY."
If you make your statement above you will be a liar.

"Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I look for my dreams and a pocket full of gold" Led Zeppelin

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
Jen-ay wrote:

KahunaScott, you and your candidate make me SICK. How completely irresponsible and dishonest of you to try to swing the election!

You should keep your rants to yourself because that’s what is making you SICK. I am a Republican in a Democratic state and I to wanted to see Marzi in the general election and so I crossed my vote over to vote for him. Now you say that I’m irresponsible and dishonest for doing so. I simply wanted to hear more of what Marzi had to say while running against Fred, then make the decision as to the better man.

Now you want to try and destroy the man that had nothing to do with my voting habits, how very small of you.

The Lack