Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Break In - in HPP!
The best jalousies are the ones with the worm-drive screws to open and close them. The ones with the levers are a no-no.

But thieves will do anything to break in, such as smashing a window, etc.
Seems to me that these break in reports are becoming more frequent here on PW. This concerns me. However I am seeing an opportunity put before me. This Potential medium for exposing the criminals and putting them on the front page of the Tribune Herald Motivates me.
I think someone should start a thread on suspicious people and vehicles that they are riding in. This is a monumental task here in Puna where Characters abound. So don't be too quick to judge. You should be able to tell if someone is just looking your way... or if they're casing your place. I saw 2 Local Males in a suspicious white Chevy truck today. I knew they were casing my place...They didn't see me, but I saw them. It got my heart racing. Just wait till I catch em' And I don't need no Gun.

One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
kimo the idea is great but could be disaterous since you really don't KNOW who people are and what their intentions are. Some innocent sucker could get hurt.

Carrie Rojo

"Every area of trouble gives out a ray of hope; and the one unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain or unchangeable."
-- John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Agreed. You never know who may be looking. I'm not too worried. I keep everything securely locked up when I'm not home. I have lots of woods around me. It would be very hard to come and go any other way them the drive. All the neighbors on my street look out for each other too.

Don't assume that your house is safe just because the woods might seem to preclude a getaway other than by driving. Detailed descriptions of burglaries here in HPP indicate that the criminals often hike in through the back of the lot to avoid being seen going in and out the driveway. In these cases, of course, the things taken tend to be portable items of high value such as laptops, jewelry, cash, etc. At the other end of the spectrum, there have been cases where trucks were brazenly backed up to homes and whole loads of appliances and furniture taken. The latter type has not been common lately, thank goodness.

Cheers,
Jerry