Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What business is needed on the Hilo side
What kind of problems does the east side have with car repair? Would a independent mechanic shop or a good Auto Body repair shop be needed?

I have seen some posts that ask for referals but have not seen any feedback if they were happy with their repairs.

Just asking and searching / investigating business needs.

Mahalo, Rick J.

"Some people are educated beyond their intelligence"
Tom Stoddard, Buena High Auto Technology teacher.

Edited by - rick j on 08/18/2006 14:29:52
Rick J, I haven't put in the time yet, but I won't let that stop me from sharing my observations. I have taken a friend and my uncle to different auto repair operations that run out of homes. One was in HPP and the other on Railroad Ave. south of Hilo. These may not be businesses in the full sense: may lack insurance, fully-equipped garages, and business licenses? Who knows, neither had signs promoting their businesses out front. Repairs can take a long time, as parts can take time to get. And if you aren't satisfied with the job? You're SOL, I'm sure.

I don't know how good the regular repair businesses are. I do know that BI Toyota is very shorthanded for technicians. Appointments may have to be scheduled way in advance, and when you bring your car in, it doesn't matter that you have an appointment, because there's still a line of cars ahead of you. And parts take a long time for even a dealer to get.

But, to be honest, I wasn't easy to please in the Bay Area. Ask me again later, maybe after I've lost my "hurry up and serve ME" attitude.

Les

Edited by - Les C on 08/18/2006 23:03:23

Edited by - Les C on 08/19/2006 07:19:24

Edited by - Les C on 08/19/2006 07:21:03