Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homeowners Insurance in Nanawale est.
Dan,
Perhaps you can tell me why HPIA won't insure homes on more than 5 acres? Seems strange, in that you don't (or can't) insure land...
Puna: Our roosters crow first
Okay, folks, go to the tsunami museum and contemplate earthquakes in Hilo.

If there is a big enough earthquake that things fall off of shelves and you get knocked to the ground while in Hilo, as soon as you can stand up, head for the hills. If you see Hilo Bay emptying out, run like a crazy person screaming "tsunami". If you can't get more than a half mile up the hill then go for a second floor in a concrete building, if you can find one.

As far as living in a lava zone, I think the "vog zones" are more important. Just because you are in Lava Zone 3 doesn't mean you will be able to breathe if the vog increases or the breeze blows your way. Nor does it mean lava won't cover your house. It just means it is less likely to cover your house. It's all a crap shoot and sometimes the dice are not your friend.

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales."
Kurt Wilson

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales." 
Kurt Wilson
If it isn't one thing it'll be another that'll get you. Look down at the ground and you'll see a constant reminder not to get too wrapped up in your posessions. [Big Grin]
Puna: Our roosters crow first
Please contact me for Nannwale insurance quotes. This is one of the suibdivisions where we can provde rates comparable to lava zone 3.

Dan De Soto
Mutual Underwriters
Insurance Agent
www.insurancehi.com
dan@mutualunderwriters.com
Tel: 808-961-3207
Fax: 808-969-1120
275 Ponahawai St., Ste#105
Hilo, HI 96720
Dan De Soto
Mutual Underwriters
Insurance Agent