Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safety of drinking catchment water?
EF

I do admire your attention to detail and extensive knowlege about water purification but is this not a bit over the top? You really can't control what you ingest all the time. Any water based drink from a fast food joint (coke, etc) is probably nowhere near as pure as the water you make at home for just showering.

As suggested before in this post, it seems we all need to take in a few bugs to keep our immune systems alert! (But maybe not the kind of bugs you might find in lava rock well water.)
In all honesty, the main driving force and motivation for me to have ultra pure water in the shower is, I have 2 young daughters. The oldest is 3.5 and the youngest is 1.5. My wife and I actually closed on the house when our youngest daughter was only 1 day old! We supposed to have signed escrow papers on June 25, 2007, but my wife and I was in the hospital because she was giving birth to our new daughter. She got discharged the next day and we signed the escrow paper work with a 1 day old baby in tow (you should've seen the faces of the Title Guaranty workers!).

Now, when we bathe little kids in the tub, we thought they may accidentally (or purposefully on their part) that they may ingest some of the water. Also, there has been extensive talks prior, in regards to the human skin being an organ, and may/can absorb the water that it comes into contact with.

Also, my wife actually helped me clean the inside of the catchment tank when we first moved in (the house was on the market for over a year with ZERO maintenance), and you should've seen the inside of the tank. It literally looked like a swamp. And my wife refused to drink the water with the two filters and a single UV light. I then installed a second UV light and explained to her the benefits of it, and she still refuses to drink it. That is all I can do.... literally. I gave in and started to drink "her water," the purified water I pick up at WalMart/HomeDepot.

I have one of those Stenner pumps! Just no time to install it right now!

quote:
Originally posted by oink

I thought these diagrams were pretty good: http://www.cleanwaterstore.com/chlorinator.html

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.

It's the method I will probably use, along with an RO for drinking.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.