Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cell Service In Hawaiian Acres
Im near the corner of F & 7. I use a WiEx brand cellular repeater and it works great.

Put a receive antenna on the roof and the repeater in the house.

I have about 1 bar or no bars on the driveway but 3 or 4 bars inside the house.

David Panscik
www.solar808.com
David Panscik
www.solar808.com
Just to update what worked for me, I ended up getting a cell signal repeater from jdteck dot com (I have to recommend them, Great product and great customer service) went with at&t cell service. I only had 1 maybe 2 bars of signal and with the repeater I get full bars, no more dropped calls and internet is pretty fast through both the laptop plugin and my iphone.

Sorry it took me so long for the update just have been extremely busy.

Hope everyone has a great day
I get between 2-3 bars and 3G data on 5&B.

As for Internet, the in laws are running a mobi mifi with no problems.
Hi,

We're moving to HA from Volcano in a few weeks (to near Rds 5 and E). Looking for different cell phone service, esp with wireless internet. My T Mobile cell service doesn't work well down there. Sounds as though AT&T or Sprint are worth checking.
And thanks for the helpful posts on cell signal amplifiers!

Re. Internet Access: does anyone have experience with Mobi Hele Wireless in the Rd 5/E area? Any other ideas for wireless internet that's reasonable speed (1.8, 2 mps?)

Aloha Broadband don't cover that area yet. American Wireless Systems offered to hook up a personal wireless "tower" for $1000 and then it would be $110 per month for their best broadband service, which only provides speeds of 1 megabyte/sec. So that's out. (Pity, because a friend has their service down in Leilani area and gets good speeds at their $60 a month rate.)

I'm not hearing very positive reports about internet satellite as far as broadband speed goes.

Any ideas gratefully considered!
Mahalo[Smile]