Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
24 hour Emergency Vet
One of the best pieces of advice I had heard before I ever got an animal here was to establish a relationship with more than one vet practice here. (and the vet tech at Kilauea is amazing!)

As many posters have noted, there are some excellent vets here, but many are one vet operations... when that vet is gone, there may be no backup vet for them... and all of the area practices tend to get a little more busy if even one vet is on vacation....

We have been very lucky, in that we have a 'cat lady' next door that dearly loves all cats, but also wants any that come to be 'fixed'. So we have worked with her & 4 of the area pet clinics on 'fixing' more than a dozen area feral cats... most with the county feral coupons. With each we have paid for something minor (usually flea drops) to establish a relationship with the practice.

Now that we have our own fur balls, we have working relationships with the area clinics... this really has helped us in those time when we needed to see one sooner, rather than later...

j & b: we hope that your boo boo recovers. we truly know what you are experiencing and can feel your heartaches and lighter pockets.

aloha from boo boo, the dog, and his moms.

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

I had a minor emergency this past weekend, and my regular vet Dr. Seeske was on vacation. I was referred to Dr. Pease, All Pets Mobile, next to Walmart. What a great, caring man. I would go to him again without hesitation. Got a sense he truly loves what he does. Angela
quote:
Originally posted by Menehune..had me contact Kilauea Veterinary (966-8582). Some "angel" answered the phone and told me the Doctor was away for a month...

Kitty jumps out of my hands into theirs when she goes to visit those "angels". She turns and gives me the "Puh!" for taking her to vet, and snuggles in their arms and purrs!

24 hour emergency vet on the big island? We can't even get a 24 hour emergency "people" doctor!