Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
more shipping options
quote:
Originally posted by Toxguy

Wow - thanks for all the quick responses - I had considered building a ramp here and shipping it in the container and think that is the way I will go. Thank you all.

While you're at it...buy any goods you know you will need for a while and ship them as well. It's not just lumber that is more expensive here than on the mainland!

"What? Me Worry?" - Alfred E. Newman
"Vote with your money!"
Actually I found shipping some items from the west coast saves nothing and risks damage. The local Home Depot for example uses the same price book as California.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Just make sure you pack your container properly to minimize the risk. I have business associates who, every time they get a container shipped, they make sure they fill it to the rim!

"What? Me Worry?" - Alfred E. Newman
"Vote with your money!"
Yeah, we found that paper goods (paper towels and toilet paper) seem pretty high. While I am not a big fan of paper towels, we are planning on buying in bulk from Sam's, sealing in trash bags and using them to stuff into open spaces. Also stocking up on deckscrews, nails for airguns and other consumables. Just found that lots of internet suppliers don't ship to HI period.

Thanks again for the advice. Now if ya'll will just make sure the government doesn't decide to shut down and so stall my retirment papers, I can get on with the move!