Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog Mess at New Water Station
Regarding the humane society I think I would of fiqured out if they where going to do the right thing for the Cat. Not everybody has just fallen of the turnip truck! It is a really sad thing for cats but it is also a sad thing for dogs, pet birds, pet reptiles, Cats are not in the sole catagory of pet that gets lost or thrown out. With or without tags, from mainland, not from mainland. This problem doesn't just exists here it is all over the world.

Morningstar
Sorry, I wasn't implying you were naive. I have just seen different faces of the HS depending on the situation. They had helped me a few times before I found out their policies; that's why I was shocked.

The point about the tags and chips is, the policy is if they can ID the found pet with a chip or a tag, they contact the owner. If they cannot, they euthanize quite soon after arrival. They definitely euthanize cats here over other pets, because feral cats are a "problem" whereas dogs are valued.

There is a different standard between cats and dogs that is part of the local culture; it is not the same as the mainland where they are somewhat equal. Like when my neighbors moved recently: they took their dogs, of course, but they refused to even consider dealing with their cats. The cats were left like refuse, and they were adamant that they would not take any responsibility for them ... then the hungry cats went looking for a new food source, started fighting with neighboring pets over their food, it has not been pretty. They would never have left a dog to scavenge.

"let the music keep our spirits high
And let the buildings keep our children dry
Let creation reveal its secrets by and by ~ Before the Deluge, Jackson Browne
Just wanted to share that the little kitty that was dumped at the Nanawale water station found a home! Nice ending to an almost tragic ending.

We went to get water this morning and there was more dumping this time it was dead in a black plastic bag. We all have to live and share our community. What has this world come to.

Morningstar