Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vog in Pahoa - worse or same?
I also think that the vog last May was really bad compared to what we are experiencing now. Well almost some 5 days in, they are going to come back with trading already.

The whole island seems to be experiencing a fair bit like others though the concentration should be with the east side big island.

I hope that things turn for the better now.
As powerful as the EPA has become, you'd think they'd do something about the vog........
Puna: Our roosters crow first
With all of that acid and sulfur pollution maybe you can get it listed as a Super Fund cleanup site.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Hmmmmm, Shekelpal. I AM awfully and inexplicably lazy in the mornings, but I attributed that to being lazy in the mornings. I also have kind of red eyes (normally dark brooding brown), which I attributed to excess chlorine. No question on the sore throat: vog. I never get those. I don't get much of anything. I AM allergic to "sulfa" -- a rare allergy. I wonder if that makes me allergic to sulfites, and therefore, the island. Guess we'l find out! The place I notice it is in my nose. I can smell this stuff. Smells like a BBQ, without the delicious, forbidden charred meat products. Just smells like the BBQ has been fired up and is waiting to receive some fresh meat. Me voila!

Interesting about the change in the wind pattern. Disturbing. But interesting. It is probably important that we immediately begin to engage in as much dissolute behavior as possible! Whitney had it right: Explode across the sky and then sink into the rolling deep. We need to make sure we are NOT here when Kona "winds" (actually, a dearth of wind or a vacuum of death, if you will) come to Hilo, and all the froggies, druggies and MMA boys migrate to newly rainy Kona. I do NOT want to be here for that. I mean, Puna would lose its character! And, I'm not sure what I would do if every day smelled like sulfur. I just can't imagine waking up every morning, looking in the mirror and seeing my eyes glow red like burning coals while I keep waiting to exhale. I decided long ago, I'd rather drown. Let it rain.