Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is up with the cops out here???
quote:
Originally posted by nana valley

I received a notice from the Hawaii Police Dept. announcing a community meeting on 9/11/12, Tuesday. I will try to paste the info on this post. Although, the meeting is for the So. Hilo district, some of the issues we have experienced with police have indeed occurred in that district.

Media Release
The Hawai’i Police Department will hold a community meeting on Tuesday, September 11, from noon to 2 p.m. at the Hilo police station.
The purpose of the meeting is to allow the public to meet the Police Department’s command staff and to discuss police-related concerns with the police chief and commanders who oversee police operations in the South Hilo District.

The Hilo event continues district community meetings, which are rotated throughout the eight police districts on the Big Island. To aid police commanders in focusing on specific community concerns, they ask that participation in this meeting be limited to persons who live or work in the South Hilo District.
The meeting will take place in the Building A Training Room. Attendees should park at the Kapi’olani Street entrance, go down the stairs below driver’s licensing and and follow the signs to “Community Meeting.”

Those interested in participating but unable to attend may e-mail their concerns or comments to copsysop@hawaiipolice.com.

For more information, you may call Captain Robert Wagner at 961-2214.

Did you go to this meeting? If so, was there a big turnout and what were the topics and discussions/outcomes?
Well, I did my civic duty to post the schedule but I forgot to go!! Hopefully someone from Punaweb went.
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
quote:

Well, I did my civic duty to post the schedule but I forgot to go!! Hopefully someone from Punaweb went.

How did you receive notice? Mail? Since I will be moving to Nanawale, I wasn't aware that it was considered South Hilo district. Also curious to whether questions were posed as to the lack of service toward the citizens they are supposed to protect and serve. As most sherrif smarked vehicles have some sort of logo of "protect and serve" on their marked vehicles...it's evident they are doing away with marked vehicles, and moreso the protect and serve. Every man and woman for themseves
I signed up for the police reports (go to www.nixle.com and sign up) and received an email about the meeting. I assume these notices are also in the local paper somewhere. I did mention that although the meeting is in a different district, most or all of us in the Pahoa area do drive into the So.Hilo/Hilo district, thus we could be affected by law enforcement from that district.
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
quote:

I signed up for the police reports (go to www.nixle.com and sign up) and received an email about the meeting. I assume these notices are also in the local paper somewhere. I did mention that although the meeting is in a different district, most or all of us in the Pahoa area do drive into the So.Hilo/Hilo district, thus we could be affected by law enforcement from that district.

Thanks for the link