Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd incident on Kaloli Drive this evening
4. Sacrificing self for poor family (who stands to win a big liability lawsuit against HPPOA).
5. Drunk as a skunk ad insisting on his " god given rights" of way and lost to the vehicle.
Tom - I saw the same guy. Not sure if it was Friday (might have been Sat. or Sun).

He was walking in the middle of the road on Kaloli headed mauka somewhere between Beach and 2nd I believe. I was driving toward Beach to go walk my dogs. The guy was was walking almost on the yellow middle line and didn't leave me much room on my side of the road to get out of his way. Same exact outfit as you describe with the shades and leather jacket.

I've seen a lot of "unusual" looking people walking the streets in HPP. He looked kind of menacing so I, for one, would not have stopped, unless he needed aid. I continued on my way, walked my dogs a considerable distance along the sea cliffs, and noticed the guy again as I was heading back on Kaloli. This time he was walking along the side of the road not IN it and I recall thinking at the time "well, at least he is on the side of the road now and not walking in the middle of it." But I also noted how little distance he had travelled.

When I came across him the first time he was not yet near 2nd ave. When I saw him the second time he was barely past 5th ave. In that time frame I had driven a mile to Paradise Dr. walked my dogs .5-1 mile, and driven another mile back from Paradise to Kaloli. Figured he would have travelled much farther than what he had. Anyhoo, hope he decides to keep walking on the side of the road and not IN it.

Also glad tht you called the cops Tom.

Spunky - it was Saturday evening when I came across this character. It seems you saw him a little earlier than I did, perhaps on the way out for his outing whereas I met him on his way back. If so you saw him in daylight, so given your description of "he looked kind of menacing" I am now so glad I didn't stop and offer my assistance. Thank you!

PS. He seemed to make reasonable time between 6th and Beach Road - about 30 minutes. I haven't checked to see how far that is, probably a mile or so? He certainly wasn't bothered about little obstacles like cars and trucks. At no time was he off the road after I first saw him. Sometimes he was in the middle and others towards the side of either lane but far enough in so that cars had to avoid him. Given how dark it was and he was wearing sunglasses I'm not sure he'd even have been able to tell where the edge of the road was.

Tom
http://apacificview.blogspot.com/
Not sure if it is the same guy, but months ago I was riding my bike up from Beach on Kaloli and almost dark when I saw this guy, similar dress with a backpack.He seemed to be older like 50s. I thought it odd he was on the line. I biked passed very fast. I thought he may be walking there to avoid dogs in that area. I know there are several that had come out at me in the past. I bike there often and have not seen
him again.
quote:
keep vehicle speed and the stopping distance required, within the distance that your headlights illuminate at night. Most owners manuals list that archaic data ... grin

This is how I drive and how I'd like to see everyone drive. It avoids accidents with pedestrians, dogs, pigs and more. Not everyone does (or feels they can) slow down, but we'd sure have a safer place if everyone did. It would also be nice if there were no people with mental illnesses wandering the streets, but they are there nonetheless.
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike