Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moonlight kite Fly
Oh cool!!!! I can't wait to be on the island so I can come to one of these.

"How do you know i am mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the cat "or you wouldnt have come here."
[Hi Vince, the tyvek material sounds great! I'm looking forward to seeing your kites fly Kevin Walters]
That paint would probably work much better on home-made kites rather than the ones we pay $50 or better for. It might dry out the nylon. A great material for home-made kites is left-over tyvek used in construction of homes. It has a material quality and is excellent for art surfaces.
Keep it in the air,
Vince

If the winds tomorrow are anything like today there will be great flying in the moonlight. Remember to bring chairs!
Who's coming? I got a message from Connie at the kite shop downtown that they will be there. Their all excited about flying in the moonlight.
Meet ya in the air,
Vince

[Hi Vince, the tyvek material sounds great! I'm looking forward to seeing your kites fly Kevin Walters]
Awsome Kevin, bring out the kite and the kid in you. Hopefully the winds will blow your good time in.
Vince

Jim 'n' Carey are planning on coming (even rented a kid for the night) hopefully the rain is planning on not showing up... We are bringing extra cheapy plastic delta wings if any one needs.... forgot to pick up glow lights on our trip into town earlier this week... will see if we remember them today....

Have a great time tonight! Looks like you'll be having great weather for the kite flying. Say Hi to Lisa for me.
peace Wink
Awsome Kevin, bring out the kite and the kid in you. Hopefully the winds will blow your good time in.
Vince

What's the weather like there (Keaau has had over an hour of rain)?

For all that missed the moonlight kite fly Friday, we had fun for you too. The sky cleared up about 6pm. We got a glimps of the moon and then the clouds covered it. There was a kid from The Big Apple that had to have the longest leghth of kite string out there. Bada bing I think the red lights came out because the kid was interfering with the flight pattern. He also had the best looking string of lights flying on his kite after dark. Dale and Jason came out to represent Oasis (the kite store)in town. They brought extra kites for anyone that wanted them. We had fun untangling a few kites. All had a great time. See you all next month.

I am so sorry I missed this. I bought a kite and everything (well, not everything -- I forgot to pick up lights). It was raining where I was, so I assumed the group would not meet. I have stashed a kite away in a secret location (no, not the one where Dick Cheney hangs out) in Puna, and if my next visit and the moonlight kite fly coincide, I will retrieve it and try to fly again.