Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colonoscopy
they'll never get me in there

http://www.bing.com/search?q=dangers+of+colonoscopy&qs=AS&pq=dangers+of+colon&sc=8-16&sp=1&FORM=QBLH&cvid=7ae9a80b62634a99bb146aad8babbf65

the medical industries invasive testing is for cash flow, not health improvement. The procedure hurts the body and exposes it to unnecessary hazards. The colonoscopy is their new favorite torture. What are they going to have us submit to next??!!
Colonoscopies could eliminate colon cancer if every one had them done

I get mine without twilight sleep - its no biggie - each his / her own - I like prevention and baseline data
Well, I'm off to my colonoscopy on Oahu today. The clean-out went about as well as expected. I think the solution actually tastes a little better than it used to; the first time I had it, about 10 years ago, it tasted like the brine from black olives. Now it doesn't have much taste, just a little hint of milk.(!)

And Janet, your opinion might change if you develop a malignant tumor which they could have removed as a benign polyp if you'd just had a colonoscopy.

><(((*> ~~~~ ><(("> ~~~~ ><'> ~~~~ >(>
just pay attention - it is really bad when both of the docs hands are on your shoulders.....................

night, night - grin
The first colonoscopy I had caught a large mass in the last stage before cancer. I would be dead now if I hadn't gone for the colonoscopy, it got so far along because I ignored the advice of my doctor and put off the test because I thought like Janet. I am not a huge fan of many aspects of the modern medical industry, but they actually just doubled the length of time recommended between each colonoscopies, so in this case it isn't really being pushed as a new cash cow.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
I declined the sedation and found the process quite interesting. THE WORST PART was the salty ugly drink beforehand. DO NOT try to thin it with more liquid. It just makes more nasty stuff to drink. Lee, I am hoping you are right, but not counting on any better taste. I'll know soon enough when I get the local process done next month. Do they still put people on the 48 hour clear liquid diet? No orange or red jello, either, 10 years ago. Sure felt good afterwards when I stopped at the cafeteria for a piece of pecan pie.

Peace and long life
Peace and long life
The only advice I could give would be to get the lemon flavored mix and add a little crystal light lemonade mix. Its actually recommended and small packets of it given by some doctors. As far as Dr. Montell, you couldn't be in better hands. He is a very good doctor, professional and very comforting and caring, but I still would not want his job....