Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"American Jungle"
Because it sells?

do folks go to car races to see the 100 laps or the crashes?

I would definitely recommend watching this to upper 49 and if you cancel your tix because of what u saw well that's on u.[:o)]
quote:
Originally posted by EightFingers

I watched it, since I don't know much about the Hawaiian culture of hunting and game trail/territory "ownership", I can't say whether or not it's "correct". I was waiting for a big fight between the two clans over that hog.
I would love to know what was "wrong" with it, tho'.
Looks like it was filmed mostly in wao kele o' puna forest reserve? I thought at first it was maybe Kapoho or Waa waa, but the ferns didn't look "right". The "outsiders" were N.W. of Hilo as far as I could tell.

Some was in Waa Waa, I recognized a rock wall in one dumb show.
quote:
Originally posted by afwjam

It is partisan, but it is not a plural of party, there is only one party. The parties is an illusion that we keep falling for, they want the same thing and it is not something that benefits us.

You have not been fooled by the powers of the dark side like so many have.
Man,all I was thinking about was how delicious that wild pig cooks up. Never had any pork as good!
Unfortunately a vast majority of mainlanders don't know what a native Hawaiian looks like, talks like, acts like, etc. They just have this imagineered idea of what Hawaii is and who Hawaiians are that comes from the media. This is just elaborating on that fantastical image.

They probably have been approached or at least addressed about how the people and culture are portrayed but this is the media they are to big to control. The majority is trained by the media to want this fabricated crap. I believe part of their agenda is to keep the american national confidence low by portraying americans in general as stupid especially minority groups because they are less visible and thus their image and story is easier to manipulate to fit this agenda but in general the media wants to push the idea that we american citizens are stupid and petty.
I find it funny that one of their main "stars" keeps saying how glad he is to get back to the Island, not saying where he was... http://archives.starbulletin.com/2007/09...ory09.html ... and that's one of the stars?

Complete and utter BS show, that even Hawaii State and DLNR are looking into suing and possible criminal violations. Like hunting after dark, which is illegal without a special nuisance permit, killing animals in an inhumane way even for hunters, or the trails they own, which many were on State land and the DLNR had denied them permits to film or hunt on DLNR land... Protecting their ocean fishing grounds threatening people by brandishing knives and spears, all of this crap is illegal to do.. Someone may eventually go to jail over this show. It does NOT represent anything near the truth and does a total disservice to the Hawaiian people.

And who in the hell "hunts prawn" in the daytime??? You "catch them" at night with a flashlight and a net/bucket by the POUND. "They didn't go to the bananas they brought them down to them" of course that's how you pick bananas or you kill the tree. And if you find green bananas somewhere, look around there WILL be ripe ones nearby, the trees don't grow only one here or there in the wild, they spread into the gulches.

The only ones who "own trails" are the ones who legally OWN the property. The entire show is nothing but fabricated crap with near ZERO aloha.
Of all the actors on the show, Which one is a Native Hawaiian, (take your time, it's a tuff question)
quote:
Originally posted by Derrick Barnicoat

Unfortunately a vast majority of mainlanders don't know what a native Hawaiian looks like, talks like, acts like, etc. They just have this imagineered idea of what Hawaii is and who Hawaiians are that comes from the media. This is just elaborating on that fantastical image.

They probably have been approached or at least addressed about how the people and culture are portrayed but this is the media they are to big to control. The majority is trained by the media to want this fabricated crap. I believe part of their agenda is to keep the american national confidence low by portraying americans in general as stupid especially minority groups because they are less visible and thus their image and story is easier to manipulate to fit this agenda but in general the media wants to push the idea that we american citizens are stupid and petty.

quote:
Originally posted by wailani

Of all the actors on the show, Which one is a Native Hawaiian, (take your time, it's a tuff question)
quote:
Originally posted by Derrick Barnicoat

Really tough considering I don't know the names of any of them. I don't even know what station it comes on. I watched the show once and wasn't paying much attention.

I'm gonna say the pig...wait no pigs are invasive, I give up you tell me.