Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
market meltdown
isn't it great the fed's helping the greedy bas***ds who caused this mess?

How ugly would it be if they didn't?

3 of the big discount brokerages have branches in Honolulu- Schwab,TD Ameritrade and Scottrade. Fidelity had an office but I don't see it anymore. I prefer Ameritrade and Scottrade for their "no maintanence fee" policy and of those 2 I like Ameritrade since they consolidate your limit order fills into 1 block at the end of the day which makes filling out those Schedule D's much cleaner and easier. and I found found out the hard way you better fill out those schedule D's. John R got the right idea- be a long term investor but I gotta "ring the register." The government bleeding billions so the IRS only too happy to swoop down like the vultures they are. I thought I cook the books pretty good for last year so they bust me for not enough withholding with their secret gestapo formula. I gulped when they sent me another letter couple weeks ago but it was only an invitation to send more withholding. suffice to say the way things been going the last couple weeks I won't have to puke another check.

Others want to make friends- I just want to make money.
James Cramer
I'm not sure the Fed is gonna lower interest rates right now, it would give the impression it's okay to make bad investments because the Fed will bail you out! This entire credit fiasco is starting to have a global effect! The situation is so bad, that one must have extremely good credit to get a loan these days! Who is eating all these prime lending mortgages that went bad? I know the Chinese Gov. is hurting from our credit/mortgage fiasco, but who else holds the majority of these loans?

Here is food for thought! Since late 2006, 116 major US Lenders have gone belly up! To me that's a scary thought! But less than 7% of all loans last year were sub prime loans. But does that matter at all? I mean 'CountryWide' is in trouble too.

It's know wonder my loan was changed three different times before I inked my John Hancock this past June. I hope none of you are in the process right now in trying to get a loan to buy a home...what a headache!

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
The "Melt Down" took about a month.
My porfolio has gained just shy of 50% in the last two weeks and that's without an interest rate decrease.
I hope more good news is on the horizion?

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
Haven't heard much this past week from the glass-half-empty crowd. I was back in the black by Wednesday, just three sessions after the rate cut. Corrections are part of the equation. I'd love to be able to time them, but haven't figured it out in 40 years of trying.

I just unintentionally made a new topic when I meant to simply respond here. I do not think I can change that!

Golly, another rate reduction this afternoon - a half percent. What a surprise! Makes me sleep better knowing the Fed is paying attention, and willing to act. Do ya think it might have something to do with mortgages?

The glass ain't half empty anymore!

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
maybe that's what you get from watching cnbc all day but when they announced the 1/2 point I couldn't believe it- my tin foil hat told me they was trying to crash the US$ so I immediately bought qid- still waiting in front of the rolling train. wouldn't recommend it though.

Others want to make friends- I just want to make money.
James Cramer