Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List locally produced gift products here
quote:
Originally posted by pander75

Filthy Farmgirl Soaps! Good quality stuff, owned & operated in Puna, and they are great as gifts because of all their different scents and funny labels. They are almost always at Maku'u Market, and sell at island Naturals & Jungle Love....

Shameless plug ahead -

FF are doing wholesale too, so my niece has them at the "perfect 10" shop in Big Bear, CA - in case you are in So cal and cant make it to Makuu Market! She fell in love with them here!

Hilo Farmers Market has lots of artists who make their own stuff. Yes, there are some imports, but there are also quality artists there. Go Wed. And Sat.
Hilo Farmers Market is having the artists crafters come on Tuesday, Christmas Eve.
See you there

hawaiideborah
hawaiideborah
One Gallery in Hilo has a slew of neat gifts. I just bought my sister a really cool one-of-a-kind bracelet for xmas that she's going to go gaga over. They have a great mix of art by local artists (including, ahem, me) -- paintings, stone work, sculpture, jewelry, wood turning, wood burning, walking sticks, koa back scratchers, etc.

http://onegalleryhawaii.com/onegalleryartists.html -- I gallery sit on Mondays there and I'm always glad when people come in and are surprised at how reasonable the prices are. These same artists' work sell for twice and sometimes 3x the amount on the other side of the island (bc of overhead, paid employees etc.) We're an artists collective, so we can keep prices low. (edited to add graf)

And I 2nd the plug for Paradise Studio Tours. 45 artists this year and as always, 10% of proceeds go to school art programs. I'll be in Studio G - 19th & Kaloli with my watercolors, watercolor earrings, etc.