Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical Marijuana
good read on the lawmaker that brought this to the house - who would have thunk it......

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/20..._raids.php

as far as blue card in Hawaii - that is an issue between patient and doctor, as the law prescribes and in best practice the system does seem to be respected
give Dr. Berg a call
quote:
Originally posted by Derrick Barnicoat

quote:
Originally posted by afwjam

You are ill informed oink, not surprisingly. Stoners love the non psychoactive medical pot, that's what gets them "stoned" and makes cancer patients feel better. The psychoactive pot is what gets people "high" , gives them more energy and creativity, favored by artists, adventurers and school teachers trying to come up with decent lesson plans.

You got it kinda right. It is the indica strain that is used as a pain killer because of the higher thc content. It tends to be a heavier feeling like an opiate.

Sativa is the energetic high and makes people chatty and philosophical. It also has more cannabadiol which has been shown to help kill cancer cells and also helps treat ms, seizures and other illnesses. Cannabadiol is considered the medicinal part of the plant and with in the past five years plants that are high in cannabadiol and low in thc have been made to make medical products for the elderly and children since it is non psychoactive without the presence of thc yet it still maintains the medical benefits.

THC on it's own is really not much fun. It causes a sort of nightmarish high but in conjunction with even trace amounts of cannabadiol it becomes the giggling happy high that made the plant famous. So the balance of indica to saliva and thc to cannabadiol is what makes all the different strains different.

You are well informed.. have you ever heard of the "weed" patty we use it as a topical,for the arthritis,also an olive oil weed brew that works as a topical pain reliever....not every one is after the "high"...
Also

"The House also approved amendments that prohibit the DOJ and DEA from using funds to interfere with state sanctioned industrial hemp cultivation. "
I have heard of similar things but I wasn't sure what the full ingredients were. I don't live in a medical marijuana state at the moment and I get mostly access to the buds. I use them for recreational and therapeutic reasons but I would love to see all the different kinds of products out there. I barely even see extracts where I am living currently, but to be honest I don't know how interested I am in extracts and oils. I don't think marijuana needs to be processed. Most plants loose many good qualities due to processing and industrialization. Look at wheat or even corn. Wheat in itself was a nutritious staple food that now produces gluten allergies in people because of over processing. The finer wheat is ground into powder the more gluten can be released and thus we have issues digesting it and the accumulation of gluten causes even more problems. I could see this happening with marijuana especially with these super high thc levels in some oils and butters. It is not necessary especially since there are other aspects of the plant that are useful and medicinal. For instance, the high content of antioxidants in the plant matter is part of the anti cancer effect. You don't see allot of spliff or blunt smokers getting lung cancer due to the extreme amounts of antioxidants in the plant material negating the high amounts of carcinogens in the tobacco products. The benefit is not at all thc alone.

Anyway, I would love to learn about the topical and non intoxicating ways to use cannabis because this is key in gaining more acceptance of the plant. I have heard juicing the raw leaves has little to no psychoactive effects and many antioxidant effects, more than wheat grass.