Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are there any restaurants/eateries in HPP?
There was a food truck advertising burgers, wings, etc. at the top of Paradise for a few times in the past week. Any reviews? It's a nice set up. I just wonder if they are making a go.
A few people have tried up there but the hui eventually runs them off.
The lady that sells tamales sometimes on the other side of the road sits through the gate onto private land so they can't bother her.
Not really "in" HPP, but we go to that little complex off of Orchidland Rd at 130 quite often. They have a Blane's drive in, convenience store/gas station and hardware/grocery store.

They may not have the variety and prices of driving somewhere else, but we like to support them since they're so close to home.
Driving down 130 I always see the coffee truck on one of the side streets...Want to say Makuu. If that truck is doing it why couldn't others? It's not just portland oregon that is doing it. But some just pull up with a travel trailer like at hood river and throw a couple of picnic tables under a tarp ... good to go! Smile

http://gorgeinthegorge.com/eat/lampoei-s...ver-oregon Eat there 3-4 times pretty tasty.
quote:
The lady that sells tamales sometimes on the other side of the road sits through the gate onto private land so they can't bother her.

They choose not to bother her; that "private" land is very likely zoned for agriculture rather than any "commercial" activity.

quote:
Driving down 130 I always see the coffee truck on one of the side streets...

Aiopena parks on Makuu land, which is DHHL, and not subject to County zoning.

Once in a while, there is huli-huli chicken at that location.