Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know where I can buy "Milestone"?
I have seen girdled albizia trees come back to life after 6 months or more.
Poison is fast and effective and helps to prevent additional seed pods from forming.
Plus, anyone with a battery powered drill and a small medicine dropper can kill them.
People get hurt with machete's.... Just ask at the Pahoa clinics.
Girdled trees do not come "back to life." What you will have however, are new shoots coming from the roots. We have revisited all the albezias we have killed...including several BIG BOYS -- Me and the wife, with machetes, took about an hour to girdle. All of these trees have died. New shoots tried to come out about 6 months after, but we went back in there and cut them all with a machete. We done it one time, and now they are all officially dead..with no new shoots. We will walk the area every few months just to see what is going on. There are new trees coming up, but we zap them too. As for the girdled ones, they are all dead.
Bought Milestone today at Garden Exchange for $130 including tax.

We're going to use it so we can kill albizia on my neighbor's vacant lot. He cleared the beautiful ohia with a bulldozer back in 2007/08. Ever since, I've been spending my money and time trying to keep the endless supply of albizia knocked back. Was the bulldozing done by a clueless, mainland, absentee owner? No, it was done by a longtime HPP resident. I've been in touch with him numerous times, offering to help him clear HIS lot of HIS albizia. He has told me that I can clear as many albizia as I want off his lot. How generous of him! I just want to keep them knocked back BEFORE they come smashing into MY house.

There really needs to be an education program about what happens when you scrape a lot here, then do nothing with it - evidence all the storm-ravaged acre orchards of albizia on Maku'u. Better yet, there should be a legislative ban on bulldozing lots if you haven't pulled any permits to build on it.

Anyone had any luck in persuading neighbors to take responsibility for their own albizia??