Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBQ's in Paradise
Mahalo, everyone. I would rather have the bad news than never know at all! Yeah, HADave, I am a big fan of Bobbie Flay but I am still an amateur at the grill. I love his set up. Wow.

Here in California I never bought one of those big stainless rigs. I have a Weber grill that has a propane starter. The reason I went for that is I could never quite understand the "stainless steel" approach which seems to be more like just cooking on a range outside. I'm probably missing something on this, but don't you need charcoal to make things "smoky"? So, I soak wood chips for everything I barbecue, and I use charcoal.

The Weber, by the way, has an enameled surface. I really prefer it to stainless steel. I love the look of the stainless steel but it doesn't seem very "BBQ"-ish, to me.

So, maybe I will get one of those and it will last longer over there.

Yikes. Sounds like the rust never sleeps.

quote:
Hey Glen if you have ever been a fan of the food channel there is a show named All Star Kitchen Makeover. Well Known, Bobby Flay did a custom outdoor kitchen makeover for a couple in the southwest......to die for!!!

anyway He says never fool around with wannabe grills go for for the big guns..

Here is the link to the outdoor kitchen Bobby did in Vegas.....

http://images.foodnetwork.com/webfood/im...lide1.html

When shopping for stainless steel bring a magnet if it sticks keep looking...
Aloha HADave

Bobby Flay huh. Do you remember "Chill 'n & grill'n". with Bobby and someother Redneck buddy of his? I use to love that show!

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
quote:

Bobby Flay huh. Do you remember "Chill 'n & grill'n". with Bobby and someother Redneck buddy of his? I use to love that show!
quote.

Sorry to say I missed that show never paid much mind to cookin prior to 2000..

There are several recipes of BF's that I now favor one happens to be his brownies, if you like chocolate I mean really like chocolate find the recipe and try them. My grandson Zachy prefers them to birthday cake.

The best thing I learned from BF was it ain't bragging if you can do it!! ; ))

I must say I prefer the old charcoal method myself but we did buy a stainless Kenmore gas last year still in the box waiting to be broke-in in paradise. figured with all the rain and using charcoal would always end up being a big mess. I always like to roast marshmellows and leave the cover off after to roast as many passing by mosquitoes as possible : ). Rain and charcoal ashes makes quite a yucky mess indeed.....

What was BF's redneck buddy's name anyway?

Aloha HADave

S. China / Kurtistown

Hey Glen, Check out this Redneck BBQ it is all stainless and tested tough too Wink)

http://www.wunderground.com/wximage/viewsingleimage.html?mode=singleimage&handle=BANGORWALKER&number=15

FREE at your local Walmart

Edited by - HADave on 10/18/2007 14:40:04
Aloha HADave & Mz P

Hawaiian Acres

The best things in life are free.... or have no interest or payments for one full year.

If you look real close, you will see that the that redneck model actually did cost .$, as it has a chain 'n' coin thingy.

Love the redneck model and it looks very functional...except for the sides. Wouldn't want to have to lean over them to get to my ribs. I'd get burned for sure.

Bring this up because it was funny thinking of all the stuff hauled of due to rust and corrosion.
Solution, The PUNA Grill, has we did it. We had one piece of 1/2 thick 22' pipe about 2' high. One hole 3"x3" in the bottom for venting. After we fill the pipe with kindling and kiawe then fire it up.
We take a weed blower to the bottom hole and the pipe looks like a jet burner, in 5 minutes you got coals that have made choke broke da mouth ribs and pig loins, ho bra. Try show you one time.

Oh, wow, Peter. I gotta see that. Sounds like that might work and also sounds onolicious!

I don't know who all is here and who isn't yet but those who aren't remember 'rainforest", think aluminum, stainless, copper, brass. Forget those chrome rims unless you want to treat em and change em out every other year. It's good to know how to weld or have a friend who is because fixing things is a way of life in puna. Bring lots of McCulloch chainsaws and solar panels. If I had a shudda brought list cudda saved some work, time and money.
anyway
My $10. yard sale webber, gets more use than the big stone ring. Think camping + industrial.
Or just go into Home Depot and replace everything, every year.