Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
self-propelled power strimmer
I've used one of these for years, and they are very handy. My current one was ordered on line from Home Depot with free store delivery, but that was some time ago. One point worth mentioning for Tom is the fact that I have shopped for these on several occasions and never found a "self-propelled" model. I wasn't looking for one, however, so might have missed it. I think even a non self-propelled model would help you, though, because the roll and pivot ability definitely takes the strain off my back compared to a regular weed eater. Hope this helps.
Unhelpful comment: I picture a "power strimmer" looking like a cross between a banjo and a weed whacker.

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>
pay a teenager minimum wage to do it for you.

#10048;
#10048;
There was one for sale in front of the Pahoa Ace a month ago or so.
I noticed Home Depot does not rent the self-propelled 'brush hogs' here in Hilo. Seems like they would be ideal for clearing jungle here, as they claim to be rock-tolerant. Any thoughts or alternatives?
tom - i was serious. think about it. the trick is to work with them. clearing and organizing whilst they labor. its amazing how much more can be achieved like this. much more than one times two. additionally you run the risk of making friends with a teenager Smile and of helping to fund their studies. this is cheeper, easier and more efficient then getting a new machine Smile

#10048;
#10048;
"I am not a number............." Smile

#10048;
#10048;
Thank you, everyone, seems I have more options to consider than I originally realised!