Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help: former Sprint customers in Kapoho?
Erik and I are having the same problem. We switched service when we got here because we can't get sprint out here. Now they're doing the same thing, telling us that our P.O. Box in Pahoa gets service. Uhhhh..... It's a PO box... Duh...... So, the customer service person said they would need to go over the notes in our file (I guess to make sure we're not lying) and call us back. That was 3 days ago, so Erik will probably have to call them again tomorrow.... Why can't they just follow through with what they promise?

"How do you know i am mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the cat "or you wouldnt have come here."
Lotus, ask for an Account Manager (in my case I said "i have an odd situation that requires a supervisor"Wink. Luckily for you (us), sprint customer care keeps detailed notes of each call.

Do you remember if the sprint rep checked the coverage map back when you had to cancel? In my case, the rep verified that I couldn't get coverage in Pahoa - and he wrote that in the notes. When the account manager came across that comment in my file, she immediately said "there it is, ok let's fix this!"

I wish I could remember the name of the woman who helped me, she was awesome.

One other thing I pointed out was that their coverage map changed recently. I asked them to look at the old coverage map - which they CAN do...it just takes a bunch of prodding Smile

I also sent them an email explaining the huge difference between my PO Box address in Pahoa and my physical address 8 miles away.

No matter what, keep trying until you get a manager who can help you. It took me 4 tries via email and phone before I finally hit gold Smile

* I'd rather fail at happiness than succeed at misery *
when they have a cell phone that gets reception in Waipio Valley I'll get one, that's the only place save for maybe green beach that you'd need one.

KEEP PUNA RURAL
While visiting and staying just off of Kahaki on Puhi, the Track Phone worked wonders! It was December 06 one dark evening on the front deck, trades licking, talking on the phone when I saw a large solid block of colorful lights floating silently by, an peaking through the palm trees! Watched the neighbors put up a Christmas ornament as they called it for the children.

Oh yeah the track phone worked wonders all over the island!

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA