Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
car shipping
quote:
[i]Originally posted by shockwave rid

No wonder the rest of us have to pay so much if they offer free freight to extended family of employees.

Immediate family....not extended.
quote:
Originally posted by macuu222

quote:
[i]Originally posted by shockwave rid

No wonder the rest of us have to pay so much if they offer free freight to extended family of employees.

Immediate family....not extended.

Either way, the rest of the customers are paying for your free ride. I maybe understand employees getting a deal as a benefit for working there, but some employee's brother?
we just did a little truck a few months ago. had to drive to seattle. checked with all the car companies that do transport. they wanted around 700$ to drive it up to seattle. too rich for my blood... day trip...
Most transportation companies offer freebies and discounts to employees and their immediate family. Whether it's airfare or cargo. Just part of the business and its considered part of their pay/benefit package.
considered part of their pay/benefit package

Just like a pCard, except for travel/shipping instead of drinks and surfboards, which makes it totally okay.
My Dad just moved here from Vancouver, Wa. He shipped his car through Matson. You must take car to Seattle for shipment. Around $1100.00, car was here in less than 2 weeks.