Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Musicians, how to keep drum hardware from rusting?
Aloha fellow musicians! I have only lived here for 5 months now and notice that the rims on my drums and some of the hardware is developing rust spots.
Does anyone have any tips on how to keep my set looking nice and not turning into a pile of junk?
Mahalo!
Laura

Its a colorful life!
Its a colorful life!
Not a musician but I can tell you that the best stuff for rust or rust prevention is a product called Corrosion Block. On island the only place that you can purchase it that I am aware of is Alumside.
Also not a musician and have not heard of corrosion block. Many people swear by using car wax to keep things from rusting. We use Zep stainless steel polish to keep our "stainless" steel from rusting.

Yes you have Terracore. It's just been about four (4) years so you just forgot about it [Big Grin]

http://punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13514&SearchTerms=corrosion+block

EDITED to fix double quote
Awesome blast from the past!
Hi Laura I am a musician but do not play drums and don't have any chrome to polish except the tuning keys on my guitar buy have heard of people polishing and using beeswax to stave off rust. Of course a room with temperature control and AC works bets but a dehumidifier in an enclosed room running a few hours every other day with your instruments works good too.