Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Masked Men Attack HPP Resident at Home
C'mon shockwave rider, we've only had the 2nd Amendment in place for what, 230 years now? Give it a little more time, it's bound to solve the residential crime problem one of these days. Especially with a lot more discussion, and the type of intelligent discourse you've pointed out we're guaranteed to have that will include name calling, random trolls, and new posters brought here by accidental Google Search results. Maybe someone will even mention Puna.

Puna!
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Quote from Aaron:
"Kapoho was a domestic situation with someone who is schizophrenic- nothing more."
If he is referring to Nadean Rutledge,this takes the Gold Medal as the gentlest description of a murder I've ever heard.
I looked up the Kapoho one
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/29889...is-suspect

Guess there's this one and the other in HPP? Sad Sad

Pam in CA
Pam in CA
The reason for a lot of crime is there's money in it.
Money for insurance companies,
Money to pay salaries for police, prosecutors, lawyers, courts, etc., etc,
Money to repair/replace what's damaged or stolen,
Money for alarms, etc. to give people a false sense of security...
And the worst is money to pay for politicians that keep the whole circus going.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
quote:
Originally posted by EightFingers

The reason for a lot of crime is there's money in it.
Money for insurance companies,
Money to pay salaries for police, prosecutors, lawyers, courts, etc., etc,
Money to repair/replace what's damaged or stolen,
Money for alarms, etc. to give people a false sense of security...
And the worst is money to pay for politicians that keep the whole circus going.

Law Enforcement does seem to be a growth industry. For shame.
Law Enforcement does seem to be a growth industry.

Actually the private prison industry; LE also enjoys the side effects of perpetual "war on terror" (complete with equipment hand-me-downs from the military).
Given that it generally takes ~10 convictions for burglary to actually get sent to prison, it doesn't seem like it's the prison industry that's profiting from crime in Hawaii so much as the criminals themselves.
quote:
Originally posted by Midnight Rambler

Given that it generally takes ~10 convictions for burglary to actually get sent to prison, it doesn't seem like it's the prison industry that's profiting from crime in Hawaii so much as the criminals themselves.

Agreed. The molly coddling that the Hawaii County judges dole out on a daily basis is hardly the underpinnings of a prison for profit scenario. However, Security Guard and HPD labor forces are growing at a pretty rapid clip.
Had a recent run in on my property with a no gooder. I politely introduced myself and we exchanged names. After that I informed him that he was on private property and he has just been hired as "security guard" and if anything comes up missing his name is the first to be reported to community and police.
Have left tools out by mistake since, and nothing has been disturbed whatsoever. Either lucky or my method worked! As far as an assault, well I've been beat up so bad that even my hair hurt, but still came out better than them, so I hope my luck keeps with that! Sorry that it didn't turn out so well for her. May she rest in peace.

Community begins with Aloha