Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dangerous Drunk Driver Still Driving
It seems that there's laxity in prosecuting drunks in East Hawaii. On any given Sun. afternoon, the roads a filled with them -- after they've been drinking all day at the parks (where "No Drinking" signs are posted and the trash cans are full of empty beer bottles and cans).
MADD has considerable clout in many places. If not locally, it may be worth getting involved in so that it can: http://www.maddhawaii.org/htmhome/contactinfo.htm

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
We truly appreciate the support and advice.

Hawaii's laws tend to favor the criminal. Lawyers can easily question any law and interprt it to his clients benefit.
Added to a over protective attitude to the poor(indigent), and susceptable to any sob story(daddy hit me) it's hard to make a chage stick, and harder to get any appropriate punishment.
The good cops hate it too, all that hard work and he's back on the road a day later flipping you off!
Gordon J Tilley
Greg -

I've now posted the license and info you provided onto THIS SITE

Others can also now be warned!

There seems to be a few bad drivers in Hawaii[:0]

*edit* update:

Looks like 4 people have already made comments on the incident Greg had here

-----------------
Coming home soon!
I know the guy that was driving the truck. For liability reasons lets call him "Spike".

Referring to Spike as a habitual offender is being somewhat generous. I honestly haven't seen him "not drunk" in more than ten years.

I don't know if he has some sort of magical immunity from prosecution, but the cops know him and don't bother him.

Local legend has it he's been to prison for bank robbery (dressed as a woman, no less) on Oahu. I don't know if this is relevent, but it's strange as hell.

Maybe they can put a big flag on his truck so people know when he's coming.
If he's enjoying what appears to be immunity, He's probably somebody's snitch.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.