Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comparing Kona Resort rates for residents
Gee, I just stay at the Manago Hotel if I stay the other side. I'm not one of those fancy resort types.

Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
We've stayed at the Manago also, and it was fine. Their restaurant was good to.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
We have stayed at the Kona Tiki since the mid-70s. Prices have climbed over the years, but still a great value for a waterside Alii drive location.

-dwajs
-dwajs
My wife just mentioned that she stayed at the Kona Seaside. They are about $114 a night. She said it was fine and right in downtown Kona. And, close to the Harley-Davidson dealer!!!
The Manago was a bargain. No tv or wifi if that's an issue.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
After re-reading the title, need to clarify my previous statement that the Kona Seaside Hotel is not a "resort".

I guess in a lot of ways that makes it better, because you can walk to other businesses rather than being stuck paying $12 for a mediocre hot dog at the Hilton.
quote:
Originally posted by David Shaw

We have stayed at the Kona Tiki since the mid-70s. Prices have climbed over the years, but still a great value for a waterside Alii drive location.
-dwajs

Seems like a nice choice and handy location.

Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Aloha JRW. FYI, at the Hapuna Prince the parking is free if you're a guest. It
Is in included in Mandatory Resort Fee of 35$/day.
Food is reasonable poolside during Happy Hour, 4-6 pm. Nachos, wings, Calamari just 8$.
We love to meet family and friends there, every visit, budget allowing.
After 35 years in Puna, it's like another planet, dry and sunny with Sunsets to live for.
I love going Hamakua way and never even going near Kona traffic.

Kona Tiki, Kona Seaside, Uncle Billy's and Manago Hotel cannot be called resorts, even in a third world country.
Priceline and hotwire beat kama'aina rates on Kona side every time.
Always remember to show your Hawaii Id at restaurants, especially in the resorts. 15% off. Hilton, Hapuna, Mauna Lani ect. They all give that discount for food.

Mauna Lani and Hapuna have great buffet breakfast and usually can get a deal with room package if you look into it. Basically a buy one get one free price. Takes care of lunch for us in that one sitting also so that's always a plus. I highly recommend the Mauni Lani. Same price range as the others but absolutely beautiful.