Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just saying "Hi"
I'm not sure what an RMT is, but assuming it's a "registered massage therapist".

Your guess was better than mine Tom. With Jim being from Canada, I was guessing he might be a Royal Mounted something-or-other.
Welcome Jim!

On the fifth day - the scientists who studied the rivers - were forbidden to speak - or to study the rivers. -Jane Hirshfield's poem on creation
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I did have to look it up and RMT stands for a number of things, but in the end, it was a choice between massage therapist or being the National Union of Rail, Maritime and Transport Workers (a UK trade union). I took a chance and went for the former. Wink

Looking back though, given the number of French speakers in Canada, it could have been this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%A9gim...e_du_Tchad

Apologies for the banter, Jim! I really think your profession will be a great fit here.
Yes, sadly I must admit to longer being a part of the Royal Mounted Thespians, a proud northern theatre group. Just a Registered Massage Therapist these days. A Railworker would be a cool job too maybe.... Banter is always appreciated Smile

"all the new people moving here and getting to that age"- Yes, yay buildout Wink Damn mamaacni
Yes, sadly I must admit to longer being a part of the Royal Mounted Thespians

That's too bad, your unique skills would have made a great addition to our Hawaii Island theater community. I can think of a number of plays readily improved if performed on horseback. "Waiting for Godot" for instance, could almost imperceptibly be adapted into "Riding Toward Godot." A change in scenery along the way might really bring in a crowd. Even make it a Western, with Hawaiian Paniolas!

On the fifth day - the scientists who studied the rivers - were forbidden to speak - or to study the rivers. -Jane Hirshfield's poem on creation
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
"VLADIMIR:
Suppose we repented.
ESTRAGON:
Repented what?
VLADIMIR:
Oh . . . (He reflects.) We wouldn't have to go into the details.
ESTRAGON:
Our being born?
Vladimir breaks into a hearty laugh which he immediately stifles, his hand pressed to his pubis, his face contorted.
VLADIMIR:
One daren't even laugh any more.
ESTRAGON:
Dreadful privation.
VLADIMIR:
Merely smile. (He smiles suddenly from ear to ear, keeps smiling, ceases as suddenly.) It's not the same thing. Nothing to be done. (Pause.) Go go."
Yup, the more things change the more they stay the same Wink