Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wine Prices, Tink, & California Fires
Mahalo to all for your concerns. I am plum wore out trying to corral Pele's distant cousin but finally got her on my end. Circling her inferno hearing the chatter on the radio and loooong hours (read catch a quick 45 minute nap while they grease and fill the Cat) and off we go again 'til told "done" then "home". Can't wait until season over, but mentally ready to go home and hide out!
Donations are big on this one, if you care there is a Fire Relief Fund at Redwood Credit Union, or you can join up at Pledgeit.org/Klay . He is a Warrior basketball player who is donating 1k per point he scores the next three games.

Community begins with Aloha
Great to hear you're safe, Tink. Thanks for everything you've done for those affected by the fires. I know it's not Hawaii related but found a video that shows the devastating effect the fires Tink has been battling, so a big thank you should go to a Punaweb member:

https://jalopnik.com/fire-truck-video-ca...1819501363

ETA: This is a better link: https://youtu.be/Rdk4d74j3p8
Mahalo Tom. To all it was not my intent to hijack the thread, but giving current facts on the wineries, and me having the ancient skill of politeness and etiquette thanking those that wished my safety, it somehow morphed to this.
To the original post, yes many wineries are damaged or destroyed. To support the wineries, they are requesting to still plan your visit and come to the wine country. There are many little independents that survived, and a few biggies that made it partially through the disaster that they are open "once the smoke clears" as they say.
Also, many of the well known wineries have vineyards East of Napa and Sonoma in the Lodi area, as well as South around the town of Paso Robles so prices won't go skyrocketing, but more of a limited run of a variety wine until the vineyards grow back.

Thanks for the latest update Tink, always glad to hear you're well. I didn't consider your posts a highjack of the thread, in fact I thought the safety and well being of a fellow Punawebber was more important than the price of wine anyway, so added that to the title.

Be well, and hope you get some rest. (And thanks for the wine market report)

“Facts fall from the poetic observer as ripe seeds.” -Henry Thoreau
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Mahalo HOTPE. Yes, rest is still needed, and a few "talk it outs" with the "monkey trainer" as my Dad used to call them (psychologist). This has been a great seasonal job that pays well and only off islands half the year, but this fire many of us "saw the devil", as the Berkeley firefighters remarked of. Plus the fact many, many friends lived in that neighborhood that was gone before I got the call. So with that, I will follow the above and return home soon, and maybe just stay.

No hijack at all, Tink, I'm in complete agreement with HOTPE. Thank you for all you did and hope that you get all the support you need after your and colleagues' heroics. Punaweb members should be proud having someone like you posting here.