Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Airline Mainland Direct to Hilo! $159
Aloha All, Isn't it nice to have a place to talk, laugh and scratch with virtual friends on a subject near and dear to us all.

I hope ATA does make a break into the market, selfishly. I would really enjoy a direct flight to Hilo. I have flown direct to Kona and taken the drive to Puna. But either way you use an entire day going thru Oahu, or flying into Kona!

ATA isn't a small rinky dink airline! These are discussions and are sharing information and aren't the law. We will be operating on Hawaiian time in Puna, so wait and see, and see and wait. Things can and are transitory there from all I've read. I love peoples opinions and speculations, I learn from it all. Thanks

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
I believe ATA used to be Air Trans Airlines and they will have one flight a day to Hilo. That's at least 2,000 people a week, in addition to the ones taking Aloha or Hawaiian. I believe there will be more airlines flying directly to Hilo in the near future and Hilo will be "discovered." It will not take too much time to expand the circle and Puna will be on the map too. I also believe properties in Puna are dirt cheap by most mainland standards. We shall see what the future brings, right?

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, ABR,CM,CRB,FHS,PB,RB
Typically Tropical Properties
75-5870 Walua Road, Suite 101
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
(808)327-3185
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

I'd venture a guess that this soon won't be the only airline flying direct to Hilo. according to the Tribune-Herald there were 3,483 building permits issued in 2005, 3,113 in 2004. I don't think it's too out of line to say maybe half were issued in Puna. At just 2 persons a household, thats over 3,200 people moving here per year. The boomers are looking to retire to a warm paradise and Florida & the Gulf Coast have lately turned to hell on earth, so living on an erupting volcano is becoming less frightening and more appealing to many.

Edited by - leilaniguy on 01/26/2006 16:53:21