Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loud Motorcycle on Kahakai
I live just mauka of Pahoa Village Road, and have to listen to this @$$ zooming around constantly. He makes several passes through Pahoa almost every day. I've dubbed him my Special Motorcycle Friend, just to keep myself from doing something I'd probably regret.
-----
I bet you haven't heard him since Tuesday around 1pm....

I saw him take a hard fall right in front of the propane store next to Paul's. He went to goose the throttle and somehow completely lost control at 5mph and the bike went down. Multiple parts flew off and fluids leaking out of it. He was extremely anxious to get up and quickly leave the scene, pushing the bike away. Probably had various drugs on him, as most people know he sells...
The loud ones I hear are in or near HPP. Hard to tell with the super loud ones how far off they are. The ones I hear at night and very early morning are cooled inline four cylinder motorcycles.Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, or Yamaha.They sound like a giant mad hornet. They are redlining these things, and these bikes rev to 10,000 plus rpm. The bigger ones can break the speed limit (well, when it was 55 on the highway above HPP) in first gear.
Between the all night almost every night barking dogs and the bikes it might get a bit irritating. Good thing I don't hear so well any more.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

I live just mauka of Pahoa Village Road, and have to listen to this @$$ zooming around constantly. He makes several passes through Pahoa almost every day. I've dubbed him my Special Motorcycle Friend, just to keep myself from doing something I'd probably regret.
-----
I bet you haven't heard him since Tuesday around 1pm....

I saw him take a hard fall right in front of the propane store next to Paul's. He went to goose the throttle and somehow completely lost control at 5mph and the bike went down. Multiple parts flew off and fluids leaking out of it. He was extremely anxious to get up and quickly leave the scene, pushing the bike away. Probably had various drugs on him, as most people know he sells...

Hooray!
Karma, at her best!
I'm glad he was okay and his ride wasn't.