Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need opinions - land purchase
Susan, I sent you an email through the forum, hopefully it works.

* I'd rather fail at happiness than succeed at misery *
quote:
Originally posted by eigoya

Very interesting. I may go next year for myself. There did appear to be many developer/builder types (albeit Puna developer builders)Someone bidding up to 18k got an ovation as I left, but I don't know which lot it was. Many were going for a couple of thousand though "as is, where is" was repeated at least five times before beginning to remind people that today was not necessarily the end. The IRS had million dollar liens on a couple of properties. A learning experience for sure.

We need closure. Did you get your friend's lot back?
Kalapana Gardens
$38,000
2 lots, 1000 sq ft structure with roof, walls and door

https://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/reo/...52303.html
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Yes, I did. The first two lots went unsold, so deals are out there if you can wait a year to make improvements (owner has a year to buy back with interest and fees). Nevertheless. for the price, it can’t be beat (not sure about Nanawale but.....)
When real estate tax auctions go wrong:

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/browa...story.html

100 square feet of land would be a dumb enough purchase on it's own, but when it's 1 foot wide and 100 feet long, even dumber.
Hooligal , I did not get your message. My email address is wrong on the site. Let me see if I can change it.
Well I can’t figure that out. Tried to send email to the admin and got an error message
Fern Forest or Eden Roc sounds like an option. He will find many sympatico brothers.
Tried to send email to the admin and got an error message
--------
The site email has not worked for years.
Susan, you can email me at this temporary address: openlist.ecr@gmail.com

Then I'll give you my real email or phone number so we can communicate easily.