Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dry Ice
"How many liters worth do you get out of a $15 cylinder?" - randomq

It depends on how fizzy you want it. Frau Chunkster has one, and she gets 60-75 liters per cannister. That's a conservative estimate, though, as sometimes it's more. Some flavors seem to require more carbonation than others to make her happy. She orders the flavor packets from walmart.com and picks them up in the parking lot. She refuses to enter Walmart, referring to it as "dieses Scheißhaus."
I hate to go backwards on this thread, but I don't see any other way without starting a new one.

I too am a fizzy water addict but have long hated paying so much, plus the deposit; not to mention  the overall enviro-impact of buying packaged water when it comes right outta the faucet, but dangit, it's not fizzy! 

Quite a while ago I looked into getting a SodaStream sort of thing only to find out you could not get cylinders shipped here so I abandoned that idea. Now I read here how there is an option, with these $15 exchanges at Target. Can someone here please quickly give me links or point me in the direction of how I get started from the get-go on a program like this? What SodaStream model, how the exchange works, etc? 

Much mahalos!  Tongue
It’s pretty simple. Go to Target. Find one you like. Buy it. It comes with one cylinder. When you run out, bring the cylinder to the Target service desk. They keep exchanges behind the counter. Hand them your empty cylinder and they will sell you a new one for $15. You can also buy the machine at Target online and pick up in store.
Great, thanks, I really didn't know it was that simple! 

I was thinking I'd have to order the initial unit from wherever (Amazon, SodaStream) and hope it was compatible with the exchange program at Target. 

I wasn't completely familiar with how the SodaStream worked, it just seemed like a great idea and so much more "eco"; both -nomical and -friendly. I appreciate your reply!  Smile
Actually Amazon won’t ship the units to HI because the can’t ship the CO2 cylinder. Before Target you had to get one on EBay where most sellers don’t really care about postal rules.
have you considered this solution?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LZBMTTC/ref...9CTXFEWH8E
Its an adapter that you can use on a co2 bottle to fill them.
I saw this article today and it reminded me of this thread.

"Cana Unveils Molecular Beverage Printer, a ‘Netflix for Drinks’ That Can Make Nearly Any Type of Beverage"

https://thespoon.tech/cana-unveils-molecular-beverage-printer-a-netflix-for-drinks-that-can-make-nearly-any-type-of-beverage/?utm_source=join1440&utm_medium=email&utm_placement=newsletter

From the article:
"It wasn’t long before someone wondered aloud if it would be possible to create a machine that could synthesize nearly any drink."

Edited to add:

See this interview with David Friedberg, the inventor. The YouTube video is segmented, see the description. This guy is really interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dajzLwGAntI

Edited again to add:

Sorry Rob, just realized I'm completely "off the farm". Undecided