Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I guess there really is a refrigerator shortage
I've only been there once but agree with that description. I don't remember what I went there for but huge sections of their indoor hoard was inaccessible because it was blocked with other stuff stacked haphazardly taller than a person could reach. I couldn't imagine the place could pass a fire marshal inspection. I wouldn't have any hesitations buying something from them but would be surprised if it could be found if it was something that needed to be fetched from the hoard section.
I bought my refrigerator on June 28 and it's still running fine. I was very happy with my experience there. The guy was very nice. Before he would sell it to me he plugged it in and put thermometers in it, then told me to come back in an hour or so to be sure it was working.

I agree that the place is an "adventure". Stop in just to look around. It is pretty amazing.

Btw, I'm STILL waiting on my Bosch fridge, range and microwave from Lowe's (Ordered in March). I have to say I'm NOT impressed with them!
Weʻve been having refrigerator drama all summer with our 1995 (!!) whirlpool refrigerator, heroically kept alive by Michaelʻs Repair. But not wanting to push our luck, we ordered a new fridge from Home Depot 9/14. They were very clear that they had no idea when weʻd actually get it. I called today and still no word, so I cancelled the order. Costco had removed all of their fridge ads during the summer but I checked again last night and discovered they are listing a bunch of fridges. I ordered online and am supposed to get it delivered 11/17. Amazing! Will it actually show up? Stay tuned...
Our refrigerator died in August and Home Depot delivered a new one to us in 48 hours. Obviously availability changes on a daily basis.
Availability is a lot of hit and miss. mostly miss. looking at the pictures showing a pileup of container ships off the ports might be wise to stock up on things you have been needing.
Can anyone confirm if Target still has these in stock?

Either way I just ordered another chest freezer for $200 from Amazon. The one I'm using I brought from the mainland, and it's already looking quite rusted out. Having one for backup sounds like a great idea... in the garage this time, and not outdoors.

If anyone still has them in stock I would like to grab one, because you never know how damaged something will arrive. Although I have had much better luck with Amazon and UPS than anything sent with Innovel (now Costco) Logistics.

Literally everything I have ever ordered through Costco.com or Home Depot (both Innovel) arrives badly damaged.
Target had a stack of freezers by the entrance about a week ago.
They are out as of yesterday, but said more are coming next week. I might just wait for my Amazon shipment. It's $25 more expensive not counting $11 shipping, but if it means not having to drive to Hilo only to miss out over and over.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arctic-King-5.../899878838

If anyone still needs one. Came here free shipping and undamaged. Well the box at least. I will open it tomorrow.
There are a number of different small refrigerators and freezers at Cost-u-less.