Poll: Do the Police have bigger fish to fry?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
85.71%
12 85.71%
No
14.29%
2 14.29%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kahena Krackdown?
I was thinking about changing the spelling in the title which, as a 14 year resident, I should definitely know better.

You'd think that almost drowning somewhere would make one remember key details but what do I know?

Considering that one misplaced vowel inspired such an amazingly colorful rant is impressive.

Reminds me of an old phrase - Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

Returning to the topic at hand, that wayward e, alas my technowledge is limited. So unless Rob feels like fixing my faux pas, it shall remain to perhaps trigger yet another amusing diatribe in the future.
Good one. I noticed all their other posts have the same vibe...
AaronM,
If you’d like to change your thread heading go to your original post, click edit on the bottom right, then you can modify the heading.
I would only say that as far as amazingly colorful rants are concerned, misspellings don’t begin and end with Hawaiian place names.  I know people who could launch a group of Starlink satellites into orbit when they spot a misused *there*their*they’re.  

I’m just a soul whose intentions were good
Oh lord, please don’t let me be misunderstood.
- The Animals
(07-04-2021, 08:21 AM)Olohana 1790 Wrote: its 'Kehena' with an 'E'..
Im sure 37 others have already told you this..  but its still uncorrected in title!!
common sense101... newbies shouldn't be posting about a beach they can't spell...

fwiw, it usually means they lived in Florida or Oregon last yr...

ps,  its illegal too be nude in public in Hawaii PERIOD!
they (gov) look the other way for Kehena and Makena beaches because studies have shown these 2 bring in millions $$ /yr...
common sense would tell you... if we didn't have Makena or Kehena most 'nudies' would go to Caribbean or Mediterranean, as thats a big part of their draw on vacations...

PEOPLE who are pushing the covid maskup- 6' deal are people who dont give a F~ about Kehena/Makena!  Period!  with their selfish Trumpy-kine boneheaded antivaccer actions constantly bringing cops down there weekly... they are bring MORE G-D fauken attention to these 2 beaches and WE, the locals that actually live here 24/7/365 WILL LOSE!  not these damn west coast based antivaccer haole wwoofer who just use Puna yrly to get best EBT $ in country...

Olohana,

Hapuu
has two “u”s in it. You spelled it wrong in one of your posts:

[quote="Olohana 1790" pid='330815' dateline='1625388448']
invasive species...  why not try to grow ohia,  I live very near you and have hundreds of ohia keikis Ive grown.. they WILL reach 10'+ tall in 5 yrs...  just move the logs, rocks, hapus that have tiny keiki on them to a shadier area and watch them take over the log/rock and take off.  I have yellow ohia cutting that are now trees 15-20' tall.  Ive only had my property in upper Puna for 13 yrs now, and have dozens of endangered species now growing on it.  you can do this too, please dont use some plant disease as a malahini excuse to encourage the growth of bad invasive species..
aloha
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!