Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good/bad landlords
I have become what will probably be lifelong friends with my current landlord ... He has been here for 30+ years and we both get in 'trouble' with our spouses for talking story too long. Wife wants to move to town so its gonna be a sad day when I have to break the news to him. Iv'e learned a LOT from him about the area and life with Aloha.

Please see rental post @ Non-Classifieds.
quote:
Originally posted by Carey...

Be aware that there are some very wonky private landlords here.

I am at the other end of this discussion. I have found some of the agencies to be complete idiots. And if you dont have EVERY SINGLE DEFECT down on your inspection when you move in, good luck when you try to get your deposit back. Take pictures and have them time stamped and dated too.

We missed a crack in a window that could barely be seen, and we got dinged for almost $600 - new window and labor. This particular agency in downtown Hilo was a nightmare from the get go.

On the other hand, private landlords have been great, and SB likes to fix things up so it is perfect. And as for why we rent - I love Kapoho but with lava zone 1, tsunamis, subsidence, - eventually this will be some one else's problem and we are happy here now and not up the hill.
just what exactly are you folks looking for in a rental? I'm talking size, price and location?

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity."

George Carlin
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
We have been renting through Ginoza for over 18 months now and have absolutely no complaints. Repairs happened when needed and I felt just fine about the people they sent to do the work coming into my home.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
quote:
Originally posted by Beachboy

just what exactly are you folks looking for in a rental? I'm talking size, price and location?

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity."

George Carlin

We're looking for a 2/1 within commuting distance of Hilo. Would like to pay 1K/mo or less.
I'm currently renting from jan mahuna, and shes been good enough to me. I currently have a place in hilo terrace which is almost right downtown. Give her a call and see if she has anything for rent in your price range. Her number is 808 969 1431.

Matt
I just wanted to add that a certain company with offices downtown, ads for multiple units in the paper, and the initials DL, insisted they had to have our application fee before they could tell us if the house we wanted was available. After they got our $15 they said the house was rented, but they still advertised it for another 3 weeks! I felt like it was classic bait and switch. They also promised they would alert us to any other properties coming open and never did. I would hesitate to deal with them again.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
that's outrageous, carol![}Smile][V]

malia paha o lohe aku

perhaps they will hear
"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

http://www.clarkhawaii.com/rentals/?office=10

This link above is for Clark Realty's Hilo/HPP rentals. Our Property Manager, Karen, is in and out of the office throughout the day, but can be reached at 933-9600 if you have any questions about the rentals that are available through our office. (She generally handles only properties in "Hilo town" and in Hawaiian Paradise Park.)

With aloha,

Cynthia

Cynthia Hoskins, R(S)
Cell: 808 443-6564

Clark Realty Corporation
99 Aupuni St Hilo, HI
Office: 808 961-6015
Cynthia Hoskins, R(S)
Clark Realty Corporation
www.clarkhawaii.com