Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bayfront Breaking ?
I'm thinking that even if the swell shows up it's going to be pretty blown out with this windstorm.
Think that was a fuel barge... looked like the one we once kayaked a little too close to (many football fields away... but they let us know we were tooo close....)
We are still getting ZERO wind and very little wave action... but across the water between Keokea Point and Leleiwi Pt. it looks like the waves are HUGE. It is a long way away and we rarely see foam over there from the waves, but we have been seeing it all morning and early afternoon.

Carey, I think you are right, I think it was a fuel barge. Funny, remember that submarine looking thing we saw a while back being towed in? Well, it was back a few days ago, and on the top of the ship, it looked a lot like this fuel barge, except the fuel barge was out of the water about 4' higher. I am wondering if when it is full it is much lower in the water, and it is the same ship? The one yesterday looked like the deck was about 6' out of the water, of course it is hard to tell when it is out there and nothing for real perspective, but it was out of the water much much more than the other one. Since one came in and left a day later... I am thinking it must be the same ship/barge.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

Devany Vickery-Davidson
East Bay Potters
www.eastbaypotters.com
www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.travelingfork.blogspot.com
The waves are just pounding into Richardsons' right now.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Except for VOG - what a gorgeous day.

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident