Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puna Essay House: Scam or No Scam
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew

Damon:

I read the whole page on your blog that you linked to and still have no idea what it's all about.

Whas up wid dat?

Andrew

Sorry Andrew...

I guess I was presumptuous to assume that any of you folks on Punaweb had read anything on my blog previously.

The Big Island Weekly (BIW) published an article about an essay contest house. That article is gone now... poof... disappeared.

A couple weeks later this article came out:

http://www.bigislandweekly.com/articles/...news03.txt

I don't want to dwell on the subject too much here on Punaweb because I've been beating my brain over it on my blog for the last few weeks/months.

As you can see from the links that are posted within that blog that I linked to earlier.

I can't appease you all, I'll probably piss everyone off at least once.... But I don't feel the need to change my posting style to fit anyone's needs on punaweb other then that of a Punaweb Moderator.

If/When I do put my signature back up... if you don't like it... don't freaking click on it. Get a grip people and grow up!

(Andrew that last comment was definitely not pointed at you.)
quote:
I guess I was presumptuous to assume that any of you folks on Punaweb had read anything on my blog previously.
Correct.

It's one thing not to copy over a newspaper article that's linked, which is copyrighted. But with your own writing, you can easily copy it over. Apparently blog clicks help the google ranking, so it feels manipulative to be told to go to the blog to figure out what the heck this Punaweb topic is about.

Obviously if an image is being shared that you photographed, that makes sense because Punaweb doesn't support image display.

The sig doesn't force me to click. But it does send a message that you are obsessed with your blog. You can do it, of course. I'm just being honest that's how I feel about the constant self-promotion. I would have more respect for the blog if other people directed me to it.

I heard of a guy in new mexico thats was trying or did sell his house this way.

The Damon blog is no problem for me. Im a pretty easy going guy most of the time. I see a few people here leaving some sort of advertisement by their sign off name. Damon has some pretty interesting information/stuff that he shares and is cool to read.

Peace