Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian Airlines
quote:
Originally posted by macuu222

Try leaving from Kona to LA. You have 3 differnt airlines (American, Delta, and United) all with non-stop flights. And fares are very competitive. You'd be amazed the higher fares that airlines charge with through service to Hilo. A 2 hour drive to Kona can save you as much as $300.00 on roundtrip airfares.

I just boufght a ticket on United from LAX to Kona $400 less for the beginning of November.Usually it's close to $900.United gauges the price because it's the only direct fly to BI from the area and because pets direct release (Kona Vet Services has agreement only with United).

The funny thing is that the round trip was about $500 and the one way was almost twice as much!

Who told you that Kona Vet Services only has an agreement with United? Kona Vet Services will meet any plane that flies to Kona. There is no "relationship" with the airlines, the relationship is with the Department of Agriculture.

As soon as you pay Kona Pet Services their fee, she sends in a form to the Ag. department, but you need to call them and make sure they know that you have paid KVS and that everything is a go, then they will send you your paperwork. Ours almost did not make it to us in time even though we sent in everything well in advance.

We discarded our return ticket for the same reason. You will also need to pay for your pet to fly, but that is a set rate and you pay it at the airport, but have to make a reservation for your pet ahead. It was $125 per animal when we moved in January.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.eastbaypotters.blogspot.com
[quote]Originally posted by Devany

Who told you that Kona Vet Services only has an agreement with United?
---------------------------------------------------------------
Kona Vet Services rep.But it was last year.Things change.
This time for the best.

But the price for the pets went up.
My dog ticket will be 250 one way on United,
$165 to Dep.of Agriculture and about the same to KVS.
The sob is expensive!

Back to the topic.
It would be so good to have direct flight to Hilo!
Probably,they have much less people flying to the east side of the island.

West side (in most cities) is traditionally more affluent neighborhood.
West side of the Island - coincidence?