Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LODGING!
Speaking of beaches.... i got this email today......

ALOHA FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS

BEACH CLEAN UP

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 16th IS THE STATE WIDE BEACH CLEAN-UP. PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP
OUR BEAUTIFUL TIDE POOLS CLEAN.

MEET AT PARKING AREA OF WAI OPAE TIDE POOLS

8:00 AM TO 12:00 BRING YOURSELF, THE KIDS AND PLENTY OF ENERGY. WE WILL PROVIDE
EVERYTHING ELSE.

EVERYBODY HELP CLEAN UP THE AREA WE PLAY IN.
MAHALO

Catherine Dumond
Blue Water Project Management
808 217-7578
http://bluewaterpm.125mb.com/index.html
"We help make building your dream home a reality"
Hi Glen we stayed in the 2 brd room. Not fancy
but clean. central location for RE shopping
He had a nice studio though that looked nice. Check it out.
http://www.deephawaii.com/vacationrentals.htm
End Quote

I also stayed there, about 5 years ago. In a two bedroom, but I don't recall a garage blocking the breeze. It was a split plan with one beedroom East and one West. The West one got hot, the East one was nice. They had a friendly dog. I enjoyed my stay there and found the weather pleasant.

In Hilo I stayed at Hilo Seaside Hotel. It is Hawaiian owned, fairly rundown with poor parking, and supprisingly, no ocean view. It does have a view overlooking a large fresh water spring boil the locals swim in. I enjoyed my stay there very much. It had local flavor and the small county park next to the spring boil could get a bit roudy and have some noise at night with alcohol and loud cars and screeching tires. It has AC but I never found the need to turn it on. I have noticed that often when receiving "stink eye" if you return it with a friendly smile you get one back. The hotel will give you a well rounded taste of Hilo. I'm definately white bread but being the minority was ok with me. To the uninitiated, some native pacific islanders can look a bit intimidating or mean when they are just nice friendly people who respond well to a smile and friendly word.

S. FL Islander to be
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
aloha glen,

yes, dixie maru is worth the drive. its beautiful there. if you get back to moloka'i and go west, check out kealoha's setup. its pretty amazing what he's done there. an oasis for sure. did you get to the east side, halawa valley? its alot like waipio. another great spot for a picnic....

take care and good luck with your upcoming visit to the big island.

malama pono,

holahan

:?)