Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amusement park or Quarry,please?
But since the governement has to pay for the land value, they don't take it unless they have an important project. Remember these are the guys who can't keep the potholes filled on the existing roads. My in-laws had a home they built where the governement took the back of the property to run a major major freeway through. I lived in the house for a few years when the excavation had been done but the freeway wasn't built yet. It was sad for us to see the house ruined, but they did get compensated. So it does happen, and it might happen to make an alt route through Puna, but I wouldn't be worried about Seaview.

The government isn't too big on acquiring and putting money into land that sits in high volcanic risk area. I would be way more worried about Pele taking the house than the State or County - except there is no point worrying about it.
Thank you,everyone,Bob and Kathy in particular!

It was very helpful.

Mdd7000,I didn't know about that case.

Like Kathy said, don't overly worry about it. Although Hawaii can take your land for any reason, unless they have a developer backing them to pay the property owners just compensation, they can't afford it. Right now the County has a mandate (required by law) to use eminent domain to obtain land for actual public use (something people have been asking for and want), they have not moved on any condemnation because they don't have the money.
Thank you,Bob!
Just in case I'll plant some garlic around the property
and once in a while will hire voodoo person to scare developers.