Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving To Big Island
Sorry to come to the conversation so late in the game... haven't been keeping up here like I should... and thanks to kani-lehua for making that reply for me. :-)

Yes, we were indeed allowed to ship our Blazer loaded full of stuff when we made the move over 3 years ago. Honolulu Freight was the only one doing that at that time, and then only from some of their PODs (we went from Seattle). It's really too bad they aren't doing it anymore. (Regardless, your 17ft van truck would have been too big for this option, as was our Ford workvan - darn, we could have brought a lot more over that way.)

We also loaded several crates & plastic bins that were bundled onto a pallet at the shipping yard. And good old Media Mail for the books. Takes forever but they get here eventually - just be sure to package them really well with lots of packing tape.

aloha, Liz

"The best things in life aren't things."
I'd like to know more about Oregon. I know it can be gloomy in the winter. But how is the fishing from shore. I don't mean salmon but rockfish and crabs. My pipedream is to live off the ocean with the healthiest most delicious diet.

Other people want to make friends- I just want to make money.
James Cramer