Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reputable Property Management Companies
Ajit,

I would email John R. if you havn't already. If he handles his leasing agents as well as he does his referal business I'd think you will be in pretty good hands.

Plus, he wouldn't want you to come back here and report any disadisfactions. Just my 2 cents. dave

Blessings,
dave

"Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield"
Blessings,
dave

"It doesn't mean that much to me.. to mean that much to you." Neil Young

quote:
RE: Ginoza Realty.

As a current Ginoza Realty tenant, I can tell you DON'T GO TO THEM. If you are a property owner who wants Ginoza to Manage your property, they might be useful but if you're looking to rent, this is the LAST Realty company in Hilo to go to.

Simply put, they are extremely dictatorial in their dealings with tenants. They will be all smiles and nice to you as a perspective tenant, then once you sign, Ginoza acts as though they are your lord and master.

Constant rent increases, demands for inspections every six months (on their schedule regardless if you cannot be present), they are very rude and unprofessional and basically very, very unpleasant to deal with.

I made a big mistake going with them, if you doubt any of this, just ask around, Ginoza's reputation is WELL KNOWN in Hilo.

I don't know anything about Ginoza, but property management companies can't increase your rent, only the landlords can after your lease has expired. Your lease should include the property inspection provisions. Landlords/Property Management Companies have to give you 48 hours notice to access the property, except in emergencies.

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, ABR,CM,CRB,FHS,RB
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
"The Next Level of Service!"
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

quote:
No jobs for honey bee geneticists in Hawaii and we have some bills to pay off before I can retire and raise tropical fruit. My son just started a good job today, so he should be able to pay his own bills now!

Allen
Baton Rouge, LA & HPP

Sorry off topic, but perhaps will keep it prop management current and active subject?

Aloha Allen, I'm sure you know of the honey bee problems are also facing Hawaii. Perhaps it could be an in for you into the state, for employment reasons.

Did you know a bee geneticist by the name of Dr. Roberts, born and raised in Baton Rouge?

Mella L

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Mella,
Yes I knew Will Roberts. He retired from my lab a few years before I started working here. He and my major professor at UC Davis were among the pioneers in honey bee genetics.

The varroa mite problems on Oahu are unfortunate, but probably will not lead to an increase in research funding. I just hope they can keep them from the Big Island so I can raise bees more easily when I retire!

To keep this on topic, Ginoza Realty decided to stop managing property in HPP, so we are now with Day-Lum Rentals. From the landlord's perspective, they seem to be fine, so far. They were recommended by my friend Craig Shigeoka with Brilhante Hawaii realty, who helped us buy our houses in HPP and has been a very helpful realtor.

Allen
Baton Rouge, LA & HPP
Allen
Finally in HPP