Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gunshots in HPP?!?!?
quote:
Originally posted by Kelena

Any evidence of gun shots in HPP is purely anecdotal.

Many pro gun people would also deny that shots are even being fired or try to cast doubts onto people who say they heard shots. Why do they do this?
quote:
Originally posted by Kelena

I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die. I don't think I should say anything more about that, though. There is also a gunshop on PAK.

Ya, Paradise Ala Kai has a gun repair guy working out of his house. He comes down to the end of PAK at shipman property only during the morning and afternoon to sight the guns off the lava cliffs. I found this out because I heard the shots and went to find out what was up. He seemed cautious and had asked Shipman property managers for permission to fire off the cliffs.
I do not think he runs a gun shop as kelena stated. It is for repairs. His house is on Mauka side half way down PAK with all kinds of homemade signs on the chain link fence.
I sure do not think this guy had anything to do with shots fired at 2:30 am.

I also do not find this a joking matter. Whenever we hear shots we call it in and report it. Stray shots can be very fatal.
hawaiideborah
for the record:

My comment about pigs and dogs - came out of a discussion with a local cop investigating the overnight shooting of dogs attacking chickens (they made a mess of the coop) nearby

The cop was looking for the dogs owners - going door to door in fact citation book in hand...... apparently thinking unsupervised dogs forming a pack more of a problem than gunshots.

This reaction by the cop typical in all the rural areas I have lived in btw.

quote:
Originally posted by Kelena: Any evidence of gun shots in HPP is purely anecdotal.

Dang it Kelena. Weren't you listening??? It's not a joking matter!

A smartypants remark playing off of two different threads. I like it!

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
quote:
Originally posted by bystander: Many pro gun people would also deny that shots are even being fired or try to cast doubts onto people who say they heard shots. Why do they do this?

WTF is with that? Are you trying to make up stuff to put in my mouth? That said, many other things are often mistaken for gunshots. However, the incident as described at the beginning of the thread sounded pretty convincingly like a pattern of gunshots.
-------------------------
quote:
Originally posted by Hawaiideborah: I also do not find this a joking matter. Whenever we hear shots we call it in and report it. Stray shots can be very fatal.

I don't get some of you people. If I hear a gunshot late at night or any time it seems out of place I will at a minimum note the time just in case it becomes important later. I may well have called the police as a result of the reported incident. That kind of crap is most likely kids or drunks neither of which needs guns, especially at that hour. If it is some neighbor killing pigs or loose dogs going after his animals then no harm or foul. If the cops find him they will say "OK, just call us next time it happens so we don't come running". If in an rural area and it's a neighbor target shooting I will ignore it if he looks like he is safe. If it goes on long enough and it bothers me I will call him and tell him I don't generally mind but how about giving it a rest for now.
Bottom line: You can take something seriously and still joke about it. I actually believe that's healthier.
------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Bullwinkle: This reaction by the cop typical in all the rural areas I have lived in btw.

Exactly true!

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
There is a gun shop on Paradise Ala Kai. It's called Bill's Gunsmithing. I don't know the nature of the business other than that he apparently does gunsmithing, whatever that is. I guess it is a shop where he repairs guns -- a gun shop. I don't know that there was any shooting and did not suggest that, if there were, that the proprietor of this business did the shooting.

As for the seriousness of this anecdote, I leave that to the investigating professionals, if any. I wouldn't mind if anyone shot a few roosters, though.

And if anyone is marksman enough with a derringer to kill some coquis, I'm down with dat.

quote:
And if anyone is marksman enough with a derringer to kill some coquis, I'm down with dat.

A quality airsoft gun would be fun for that and wouldn't piss anyone off (except that coqui lover guy). Plus you can get biodegradable pellets.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Oink I was talking about the "anecdotal" comment. You didn't say that or try to deny that shots were heard. So I wasn't puting anything in your mouth. You must consider yourself a staunch pro gun person to have taken my comment so personally.
Long and short of the story is -

If you hear gun shots at night in Puna It is most likely some one protecting his chickens or farm plot

Not a gang banger, gun freak or cops mowing down someone for failure to stop...........

HPP NOT being a typical mainland suburb - grin
quote:
Originally posted by bystander: You must consider yourself a staunch pro gun person to have taken my comment so personally.

As a matter of fact I am. I think it's each person's obligation to be competent with firearms. You can't force it on someone but I see a moral obligation there.

I didn't really take your comment personally. I just thought your post deserved a response that smacked a little of indignation. I can't take thing personally when I don't really know you or anything about you.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.