Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dead Whale
It was dead when it floated in.
quote:
Originally posted by Obie

It was dead when it floated in.

Went by today and whale in Kapoho is ROTTING and STINKS as of April 20, 2011. WHEW, I would not want to stay anywhere near that stench in Kapoho.
This is located just to the south of Kapoho Vacationland Waiopae Tide Pools.

My suggestion is to get some vicks and rub it under your nose so you can at least be around your house if you live in Kapoho. YUK. Horrible smell of rotting death.
I was there between 3-5 PM and you could not smell it at all but we did not hike in. We stayed at the tide pools.

The people we talked to who had been there all afternoon said they had not smelled it either.
"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me."
-Dudley Field Malone
i SPOKE WITH A RESIDENT AND HE SAID HE WALKED OUT TO THE WHALE TODAY, WAS WITH IN 10FT. AND COULD NOT SMELL ANYTHING. THE TIDE POOL INFORMATION OFFICER SAID SHE SMELLED IT LAST NIGHT BUT JUST FOR A SHORT WHILE. THANK GOODNESS WE DON'T HAVE WIND FROM THE SOUTH. IT WOULD SMELL. LUCKY ME, I LIVE HERE IN VACATIONLAND HOUSE LOTS. THIS WHALE HAS BEEN VERY EDUCATIONAL.
is the carcass still there? would it be okay to swim in the tide pools or would the water be filled with bacteria from the dead whale?